Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel good am walking without problem and only pain is just soreness. I am not dreading the liquid diet but know by the time two weeks is up I will be ready for the puree lol as funny as that may sound. I have not taken pain med since I left the hospital and don't feel I need too. I plan on being at work this coming Monday and hope that I will be at least 90% by then, should be though. Hope everyone else is coming along well and keep strong

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

Glad you are doing so well. Sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk!

I'm 4 days post-op as well. I removed my gallstone along with the sleeve.

My first 2 days were horrific. I got better by the 3rd day and today was quite good. I'm just feeling a little bit pain when I start moving or doing errands. I'm craving for big gulps of Water. I wasn't able to drink some Water so I'm sticking to cranberry and pineapple juice. I drank today a whole bottle of apple juice (250 ml) by sips of course and it didn't bother me a bit. My doc said that I can start taking puree after 1 week post op. Which will be this Monday. I'm doing better day after day so i think the hard part is gone. I feel i am always thirsty as well as full at the same time. Can someone tell me when will I be able to start taking big gulps of water ? Thanks a lot.

Returning to work on Monday as well.

Sent from my SM-G928C using the BariatricPal App

Not sure if big gulps will ever come.... and I may be postponed for going back Monday Dr may not clear me and job won't let me till then.... oh and my Dr gave me two weeks liquid 4 weeks puree and am ready for puree already lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

@@michom88 I was able to get more Water in once my swelling went down around 2 weeks post-op. It was probably a couple of months before I could take multiple successive gulps of water. I don't really remember when I turned that corner. Now I drink water completely normally, but I find I do better when the water is ICE COLD. Warmer water tends to sit heavier in my stomach, if that makes any sense. PS: You might want to try diluting your juice with water. My nutritionist told me to do 50/50 water/juice in the beginning and to ween myself off of the juice entirely as quickly as possible, because ultimately you don't want to be drinking your calories.

@JamieLogical: great ! Thanks a lot for your reply:-)

One more question, I'm taking around 1.5 liters (50 ounces)per day and sometimes 250 ml (8 ounces) in one sitting by sips. Is that too much ? And how will I know if I'm taking too much? (By vomiting?, hopefully not)

And if so, will it affect the sutures that will cause a leakage?

Thanks again.

@JamieLogical: great ! Thanks a lot for your reply:-)

One more question, I'm taking around 1.5 liters (50 ounces)per day and sometimes 250 ml (8 ounces) in one sitting by sips. Is that too much ? And how will I know if I'm taking too much? (By vomiting?, hopefully not)

And if so, will it affect the sutures that will cause a leakage?

Thanks again.

It's not possible for you to drink too much Water. Water moves through your sleeve almost instantaneously. It's not possible for it to "fill up" up your sleeve and cause any pressure to your suture line. The restriction that most people have post-op with water is just due to swelling. You won't have any restriction at all with liquids once you are healed. If sipping does cause you pain or make you nauseous, then obviously you want to take it slowly. But if you are able to drink with no discomfort, then drink away! It's incredibly important to stay hydrated and it will make your recovery that much smoother. You want to aim for a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day. My nutritionist said to try for 1 ounce every 15 minutes while awake in those early days post-op. But, of course, the sooner you can comfortably drink more, the better!