Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just joined a few minutes ago

Hello, I am waiting for a date for my lapband. I am very nervous. I have read alot of your comments and I am feeling better about a few things. I have been doing a lot of research and reading blogs & forums has been a positive thing. I am getting excited and looking forward to getting my lapband in the next few weeks.

How hard is the 2 week liguid diet, I am trying to do 1 or 2 days a week of just liguid & it is very hard. I am so cranky & hungry. Any tips?

P:confused:

:welcomeB: to LBT!

I am hoping to be banded in the next several weeks too. I have heard different views on the Pre-Opt Diets. There is a thread here just about the pre & post liquid diets you might want to check out. I have been reading it myself to get a feeling of what to expect. You might find some helpful answers there.

Good Luck w/your upcoming surgery!!

Hello, I am waiting for a date for my lapband. I am very nervous. I have read alot of your comments and I am feeling better about a few things. I have been doing a lot of research and reading blogs & forums has been a positive thing. I am getting excited and looking forward to getting my lapband in the next few weeks.

How hard is the 2 week liguid diet, I am trying to do 1 or 2 days a week of just liguid & it is very hard. I am so cranky & hungry. Any tips?

P:confused:

hi there. i have only just joined this site 5 mins ago. my name is kelly i had my band fitted 24 july.. the fliud diet is hard, all i can say is get in lost of different Soups

Welcome to LBT PCracker and tigger.. It is always nice to have new members to the community.. I just joined a few weeks ago and have received some great support and answers to all my questions. I'm sure you will receive tha same warmth from everyone just as I have. I will be banded on October 16th by Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, Colorado and I'm really looking forward to it, but I also wonder about doing the two week liquid diet. Hopefully someone who has gone through it will answer your question. Good luck

am hoping to be banded in the next several weeks too.
Me, too! Consult is next week! Welcome to this lovely place! It is full of helpful information for us newbies.

Me, too! Consult is next week! Welcome to this lovely place! It is full of helpful information for us newbies.

My consult is Monday the 13th. Please let me know how yours goes and I will do the same.

Hello, welcome! I was banded June 21st and yes, the liquid diet pre-op was hard, but the post-op diet was tougher. Two weeks of liquids, two weeks of pureed, two weeks of soft foods and then real food. But it is soooooooo important not to cheat post-op because it can mess up your healing. The sutures have to heal and scar tissue needs to form around the band to hold it in place, when you eat, your stomach churns to digest and that motion can break forming scar tissue.

Try not to focus on how difficult the liquid stages are, it's only a few weeks out of our lives. How many years have we been fat? I can handle six weeks of misery to start losing weight and being healthier.

Welcome and all the best to you. I've been banded a week now and I'm feeling great. The pre-op diet was challengin at times......but the mood swings get better after a few days once the sugar and carb highs and lows stabalize......you certainly realize how food effects your mood......you can do it! It's really not that bad.....and just think....this is the best thing you can do for your health and your life.........