Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As of last week, my insurance approved me for surgery and now I am awaiting a pre-op appointment with my surgeon. It has not been scheduled yet. However, I am starting to get cold feet about the surgery. I am so looking forward to being able to successfully lose the weight that I have struggled to lose for my entire life, but its just a "heavy" situation. Since I have started the process, I have lost 15 lbs. I have worked very hard and exercised regularly while eliminating most of the carbs from my diet and eating mostly Proteins and vegetables. Unfortunately, I feel like I have hit a plateau with my weight loss.

Any who, I'm just getting nervous about the surgery because it is such a lifestyle change. I love eating healthy and exercising, but that isn't really my concern. I guess its because I have used food as a form of comfort and I know that it can no longer be there for me.

I spoke with my general physician today about the thoughts and questions that I had and her advise was to make a pre, pre-op appointment with my surgeon to put my mind at ease. I think that it would be the best option for me so that I can get over the nervousness.

Has anyone else experienced any of the same feelings or issues regarding pre surgery jitters? If so, how did you handle them and what advice can you offer me? I would greatly appreciate any input.

When I remember that I'm not the only person going through this, and that there are many, many people who have already been where I am, it definitely helps to calm my nerves. Thanks guys!

We all have gone through the same emotions regarding a permanent life style change. My surgeon was very open with me and very supportive, I hope yours can help you make your decision easier.

It's not easy but it is worth it.

@@kyle.odom i planned for months for this surgery.... my nutritionist visits, doctor visits, cardio clearance, sleep study, etc. but when the two week pre op diet came, sh*t becamne real hahaha. i knew i wanted it, but it just then hit me. i was getting nervous and started questioning. i never really doubted doing it, but it finally hit me, i guess, all that was happening and going to happen. i think it is very normal what you are feeling.

i am one of the lucky ones who have not had a single issue. i have never been nauseated or sick. the surgery was very easy for me. i was an emotional eater and addicted to food. that is pretty much gone for me. every now and then, if i get stressed, the food thing comes back, but i talk myself down, and remind myself what is going on. i am actually shocked at how easy of a time i am having eating correctly. i suppose because i am not hungry all the time, and when i do get hungry, i eat Protein first. at this point, that pretty much fills me up. yes, i do have the occasional chip or ice cream, but it helps me in that i know those things that i dearly loved so very much do not have to disappear from my life completely.

i think you will find after your sleeve you wont want the things you have always wanted.

Thank you both for your comments. @@rking I have gone through all of the appointments in basically just waiting for a surgery date. I completely understand you though. Sh*t gets real very quickly. It's not that I don't want the surgery, but it's "heavy" because it's a serious and permanent change. I think when I actually have a date I will calm down a little bit. Because then it's just preparation.

I had the same fears prior to but now that I'm 3 months out (today) I can look back and laugh as I was worried for nothing. Now everyone is different but I've had no issues and don't miss anything. I can pretty much eat what I was before but a whole lot less. I make better choices now but it's not like that diet feeling for me at all.

Honestly I feel great don't feel a huge difference. Don't get me wrong it is totally different but I don't really notice.

@@kyle.odom just today I was talking to a friend who is considering the sleeve. She is hesitant cuz most of your stomach is cut out and there are staples from now on. I kinda laughed and said, ya know, I knew that but I never really thought about it. It was just part of the whole process. Maybe I would have been more nervous if I had!!!!!!