Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why can't I lose weight after 3 weeks post-op!

Sounds to me like you need to record everything you swallow.

Record your Protein, fluids & Vitamin intake.

If you are getting the required/suggested amounts by your NUT, then just keep it up and hang in there. I have the same issue and I have come to realize that this is normal for me. After my big initial weight loss, my scale seems to move every 3 weeks. Now that I'm 3 months post op, I have just come to accept it. Try to get more protein & Water in. In the beginning it will seem like recording it all is another full time job. Hang in there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I've lost 20 pounds, and then it goes up and down a pound or two. It is very hard for me to get in all the Water also, but I have read to count all my liquid intake. So happy to hear we are all about in the same situation together.

Neither my surgeon or NUT really give me a diet. He says it's a lifestyle change so I need to learn to eat healthy, and not totally restrict or I'll end up failing like all other diets.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, don't say that how far are you with the surgery? If you want I can translate mine its in spanish since my surgery was over seas, and give it to you. Yes it's a life style change but you need guidance. Let me know

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Sure, I'm one month post op.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I've been eating a lot of mashed potatoes because it's on the list for soft foods. Maybe that's it?! ;)

For my 3rd week semi solid foods, I have I can eat between 3 to 6 Oz per food every 2 to 3 hours for a total of 4 to 6 meals a day.

Allowed foods: chopped in tiny pieces, ground for Protein. cooked vegetables without skin, chopped fruits without seeds, ham low in fat and carbs.

Not allowed: foods high in calories, rich in satrch such as rice, bread, and tortillas. Fatty foods, fried foods, nuts, almonds, whole grain foods, coconut, cereals with Fiber, raw vegetables, fruits with skin, foods with dry or hard texture. No banana or grapefruit

Have liquids every 20 to 30 min, avoid long periods of time without eating, do not mix liquids with solids, stop drinking 30 min prior to eating and start drinking 30 min after eating. Potatoe only one medium potatoe a day.

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

What kind of vegetables? You can have potatoes?

I called my NUT today. I was told weeks 3-8 are the slowest for weight loss. I know this isn't my thread but I chimed in, so I apologize if I stole anyone's thunder. I was sleeved 2/23. So almost 1 month post op. Tying to diversify without adding carbs or raw veggies (man I miss salads!!) has been a challenge. I have been eating a lot of Soup. My NUT assures me my weigh loss may be slower (I'm up to about 1000 calories a day) but that I'm doing what I should be and in the end the results will be the same. Was good to hear! I feel much better. Maybe you should give your NUT a call too?

Yep, I lost 28lb in 2 months pre-surgery, and then quickly lost another 16lb post-surgery, but am 2.5 weeks out and have pretty much been stuck at 251lb for a week now. Eating under 1000cal daily. I am just going to hang in there and hope my body spontaneously breaks this stalemate before too long....

Thank you for your stories, glad to see I'm on track and this is nothing bad. I haven't been drinking enough or having enough food or Protein so apparently that slowing me down. I've also tried other foods, Beans for one, mashed and my NUT said that's not a good source of Protein, more calories than protein, but that's what my creamed Soups have been since I hate canned creamed Soups or having to add cream to them. I also have to start back up on my walking, my back has been killing me since the surgery when I stand or sit for too long across the middle side to side, doc said it should go away soon, that sometimes during surgery they hit areas that may affect your back temporarily. It hasn't been that but, but this week it was.

I called my NUT today. I was told weeks 3-8 are the slowest for weight loss.

Months 3 and 4 I lost the most weight the fastest. It just fell off. My doctor explained that in the beginning most of what your body is doing is trying to heal, not lose weight. Once your body recovers from the trauma, the weight loss kicks in. Removing 85% of an organ is trauma to the body, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Thank you for your stories, glad to see I'm on track and this is nothing bad. I haven't been drinking enough or having enough food or Protein so apparently that slowing me down. I've also tried other foods, Beans for one, mashed and my NUT said that's not a good source of Protein, more calories than protein, but that's what my creamed Soups have been since I hate canned creamed soups or having to add cream to them. I also have to start back up on my walking, my back has been killing me since the surgery when I stand or sit for too long across the middle side to side, doc said it should go away soon, that sometimes during surgery they hit areas that may affect your back temporarily. It hasn't been that but, but this week it was.

That is interesting to hear, and gives me more optimism for the future. Thanks for sharing! :-)