Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less than 2 weeks out and not losing weight

I am getting so frustrated. I have been on full liquid diet since day 4 after my surgery. I follow the diet, measure/track everything, get my 30 minutes of activity in a day... but I can't seems to lose weight for the last 4-5 days. I am getting between 400-600 calories a day. I don't understand how this is possible. The only thing I can think of is my body thinks it's starving and it's not letting anything out.

How long have you all been stalled after surgery before those lbs started falling?

I didn't experience any stalls for the first six months because as my surgical team encouraged me, I did not weigh myself outside of my scheduled office visits with them. They told me that stalls are normal and natural but that people find them hard to accept, even when they know, intellectually, that's the truth. So they said that I would be much happier if I focused on how well I was complying with my eating program and exercise plans rather than how fast the weight was coming off. I have to say, they were right.

I would really encourage you, if you absolutely cannot bear to put the scale away, to start using a program like trendweight.com which will help you focus on the big picture rather than day to day blips and weirdness, which I promise you is what you are seeing right now. Good luck!

I agree. Stay off the scale and focus on what you CAN control: following your program.

Make sure you are reaching your Protein target every day.

Make sure you are exceeding your Fluid target every day.

Avoid starches and added sugars.

Eat slowly and mindfully.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

Exercise when cleared.

And, stay off the scale.< /p>

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I lost weight pretty quick in the first week, I am one month out and since that first I have only lost 4 more pounds. I am beginning to worry also. I just keep doing what I am supposed to do and hope my body catches up!!

Needed this post today. Feel like we'll know I stalled from the scale. I try not to weigh but get a little obsessed with it. So.....I'm glad I seen this today. I actually went back to liquids today to make me feel better! Feeling frustrated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I'm glad that it helps you to not feel alone :) After seeing several "stall" posts I think...the "3 week" stall can happen really at any time. I guess we just have to have faith in the process...and our bodies. Keep the will power going for following our doctor's orders. It's going to happen!

I've found that stalls happen quite often, in fact.

I used to get freaked out by them....now....at 4+ months out....no biggie. I think you may have nailed it on the huge calorie deficit and your body hanging on.

For me, in those cases, I look at the type of calories I am getting....protein being the main component, obviously, but so are type of macros along with the Protein. Initially I had tended to use more dipping sauces and such. I'd also use various Creamers and flavorings in my coffee. In those early days my coffee was heavily cut with these, too. Now....I drink it in almost the same way I did before....strong. If I'd have a stall in the first couple months I would carefully measure and account for every gram of carbohydrate. It was interesting that I was drinking more carbs than I ever realized....plus the dipping sauces thrown in, too.

I do much better now. I stick with the volume of food that I'm supposed to be eating at this point. Meals only. No snacking. Lots of Water in between. The scale does hang on for days at a time....even fluctuates upward on occasion but then will drop to a new low. It can be a weekly pattern.....or I can go multiple days of losing. It's just too hard to predict or pattern.

I've been the type to weigh almost daily. Is it a good idea ? It works for me and it's among the first things I do when I get out of bed. I don't let what the number is freak me out. I just take it and roll with it. I need this in my head as I begin my day. Keeps me focused and on point.

This weight loss has been a gift from God. I have a new lease on life and am in awe of the many benefits that simply getting shed of unwanted weight has had. Good stuff. Grateful for this. It's a lifestyle change that has taken root and I am the better for it in every single way.

It is hilarious when I see the look on waiter's faces when I order. I'll nurse a drink or cup of water......and then order a meal that's basically an appetizer or a salad and eat the Protein toppings from it.....or Soup and eat only the meat from it. Takes me just as long as whoever I'm dining with to eat their salad and full meal. I get asked if I am feeling good or if something wasn't to my liking quite often by the staff. I go out of my way to assure them that everything is perfectly tasty.

Sorry.....early morning ramblings of a sleever who's sipping on a killer cup of java and super hyped up about the coming day's fun.