Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Results

Hi all.....

Had surgery on Friday August 10. I'm very sore. Lots of gas pain, lots of rumbling in my stomach (which I guess is a good thing). Can't tell one pain from the other......which concerns me a bit. Did I drink too much? Did I drink too fast? Is it just gas? Is it just pain from surgery? Also, I am feeling a little loopy and out of sorts. From the way I am feeling, I have a hard time believing ANYONE could go shopping, to work or anywhere at all at this point! I'm sure it's going to get better.......

I'll keep checking here as I can.......

Judi, you'll be surprised how soon you start feeling better. Get up and walk around the house as much as you can. I actually started feeling better when I backed off the pain meds and got my head clearer. Sip, sip, sip fluids and get as much Protein in as you can. Hang in there and feel better soon, Becky

Newgirl---I being banded on August 6th too.

I think i have been though just about every emotion there is this week.

I keep thinking...what the heck am i doing...am i ever gona be able to eat again? then i calm down and reality makes sense to me.

I will try and post how im doing after. Have to say im not the most brave about it.

My surgery is tomorrow 8/13 and I am freaking out also! I am having mini funerals for my favorite foods. i guess we all go through this!

I'll keep you guys posted

Thank you all for posting your results. I am scheduled for 08/16 and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I feel like this site has prepared me even more than what I had already researched. I just keep thinking if something goes wrong, I could never forgive myself for leaving behind a husband and three small kids. Am I being selfish by wanting to do this surgery? Boy, how I would love a guarantee right now....

Thanks for all the great after band insight. Its great to know we are all here together. Hey 7thangel I think we are the only two on the 16th. Good luck!! I am also so emotional in all directions... Ups :rolleyes:downs :crynervous:omg: anxious :wacko:happy:whoo: SCARED :eek:etc... I am sure all this is a normal pre surgery jitters. We all will be fine.

Good luck to all of this weeks bandsters.

all my prayers are with you all.

Hi all,

I went in for surgery on the 6th of August and the Dr. made 5 tiny incisions when they brought me into recovery or when I awakened they told me he didn't get the band in because my blood pressure went really high, 280 over 170, and I have never had hypertension. So they had to stop for fear of me having a stroke. I was so disappointed, and have been depressed all this week. Now I'm having to go have an MRI and all these other tests to see what caused this to happen. I don't know if I can have the surgery after all or if I can afford it again.

But I've not been sick and not very sore either. If the band doesn't hurt anymore than this I think it would be a breeze.

Thanks for all your prayers and congratulations to all you August Bandsters.

Pigs--Yes it feels tight at the top of my chest, right between the boobies.

ckbw--Im soo sorry to hear that happened to you! Sounds like the doctors did the right thing and aborted. Im sure they will do some tests and see what caused it.

I know they have ways of getting around the high blood pressure so dont give up just yet. But truly i am really sorry! I would be upset if that happenend to me. Have you ever had surgery before? Maybe its something to do with the anthesia. Keep us posted.

Btw-- 6 days from banding today and i almost feel normal! Probably in two days or so i wont feel a thing!

<p>Oops!! I just check the band dates and we have 3 new 8/16 bandies. Good luck AZGirl, leemoe49 and rosie2toes.</p> <p>The count down continues!!!!</p>

And ckbw I am sorry to here about what happend to you. God has reasons for things like this, I hope they find out why this happened to you and you can join us.

Good Luck,

My prayers,

ck--You are in my thoughts and will be,so, don't desert us! I will want to hear about your success as you go along.

Good Luck to all going this week!!

How is everyone feeling that went Thurs/Fri??

CK, my prayers are with ya! Just keep positive and good things will come!

Good Luck to all this week, I'm 5 days out and feeling better everyday, the pain the center of chest is the hardest to get use too! Plus my stomach is very itchy, I'm bruised but not at the incisions at the different areas I have to do heparin shots 3x a day. But it's getting easier everyday, I go back to work on Tuesday, little nervous but also exicited to be out of the house for then a couple of hours.

Well good luck to everyone this week! And lets keep in touch!

Julie

Surgery was Friday. Everyone is right.....it does get better. Not like 100% but definitely better. I slept through the night last night....I dug out the body pillow that I used when I pregnant....that definitely helped with sleeping in a bed (which is what I prefer). I'm pretty sore.....almost like I have the flu. Wierd little pains....neck area, shoulder, back, etc. Also....lots and lots of crazy rumblings in my stomach with some diahrea. I also have a monster headache. Come to think of it.....I feel like I am hung over. So, I think I might stop the pain meds and use tylenol if I really need it. I have been walking but I am not sure if it is enough. What is enough? liquid intake has been okay. Yesterday I got sick of the sweet stuff (dilluted juices, sf popscicles...) and had some of the broth that I made last week. That was heaven. This morning I am trying an herbal tea.....someone said to try a few warm things to loosen things up.

I know there are some folks who only stayed down a few days and/or were even shopping the day after surgery. As much as I love to shop.....I could not imagine! Honestly, I am not a wimp!!!! This board has been a huge help. If I had not read about all of these things....I would have been calling the doctor every 15 minutes.

Good luck to all banders this week!!!!

Way to go JudiM! I am seven days out now and i really feel good. No more shortness of breath. I walked to the lighthouse on the lake this morning which is about 3 mile round trip no problem today.

Good luck all you August 13th ers today!

Yes definately drink warm liquids when your tight! It really helps you feel better!

Which Doctor did your sugery in Mexico? and what part of Mexico? I am going to be banded by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey on Aug 24 and I am soo scared.