Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take to receive surgery date

I am required to attend a total of 6 nutritional visits per my insurance, I currently have 2 more visits left (March & april). At what point during your process did you receive a surgery date?

I am so excited and a little impatient but hey I've came this far, I'm hoping to have my surgery in May 2016.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using the BariatricPal App

Your doc will submit a surgery date to your insurance for approval, along with your 6 month info. Mine was 3 weeks out from the date submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

No problem. You need at least 3 weeks IMO. Just today I had blood drawn, a chest x Ray, and an ekg as part of the pre op process. Tomorrow I have the required endoscopy. I think most people need more than 2 days to get all that done haha. Then There's the 2 week liquid diet.

At my pre-op visit, My doctor talked with me about my surgery date and this was prior to being submitted to my insurance. He books up rather quick and because my surgery required extra operating time he wanted to get it scheduled. So I left the appointment with a date.

eTa..my EKG and chest X-ray was still good from when I had my EDG. (They are valid for 6 months). My blood work for the hospital had to be done within 2 weeks of my surgery.

Edited by cindyw41

No problem. You need at least 3 weeks IMO. Just today I had blood drawn, a chest x Ray, and an ekg as part of the pre op process. Tomorrow I have the required endoscopy. I think most people need more than 2 days to get all that done haha. Then There's the 2 week liquid diet.

The liquid diet is the only thing I'm not looking forward to, I see every process may be a little bit different seeing as though ur required to have an endoscopy done, makes sense though!

My doctor did mine a little different from most. I also had the 6 months worth of visits and then at my final visit I scheduled my weight and date that was roughly a week from my last weight check. At my weight and date I was giving my surgery date (two weeks out exactly from that day). At my weight and date appointment they then submitted for my surgery prior to approval.

My doctor did mine a little different from most. I also had the 6 months worth of visits and then at my final visit I scheduled my weight and date that was roughly a week from my last weight check. At my weight and date I was giving my surgery date (two weeks out exactly from that day). At my weight and date appointment they then submitted for my surgery prior to approval.

Thanks for responding, Congratulations also u look great!

Thank you! You'll do wonderful! Best of luck

I have to do the 6 month diet too. I have 5 more to go. I was told that at the half way mark (April), I meet again with the NUT, psychologist & surgeon. At that time they review my food diary and progress(weight & measurements) and put together a file to send to my insurance. Once the heat back from my insurance we can set a date. I'm hoping it will be in August.

Good luck!

I have to do the 6 month diet too. I have 5 more to go. I was told that at the half way mark (April), I meet again with the NUT, psychologist & surgeon. At that time they review my food diary and progress(weight & measurements) and put together a file to send to my insurance. Once the heat back from my insurance we can set a date. I'm hoping it will be in August.

Good luck!

Thanks, I hope everything works out in your favor Good luck too you also!!!!