Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Wait to get Band tight.

Lap band surgery was 2/1/2016 having my Band tighten on 3/2/2016, i can't wait. i feel like I'm more hungry now and feel like eating more things. So far i only lost 14 pounds. Has anyone else has gotten tighten recently and how are you feeling?

I had my band placed on 12/28 and had my first fill on 2/8, 2 cc's. It made a good difference to me, but I wouldn't say I'm 100% green yet. Probably have to increase 0.5 cc's at a time from here on out so I don't overdo it.

That said, everyone is different. Some folks notice a big difference after a 0.5 cc's, some don't notice anything different until 7 or 8 cc's. Just be patient and try to temper your expectations :) My doctor told me to expect not to notice anything after the first fill so it turns out I am an anomaly.

You'll get there, though. This is just the first fill. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

My band is completely undone and I can barely eat

@@RoseyRose .... all dr. are different and yours may not put in that much. Right now you are in whats called "band-hell" meaning... the band is there and you feel like you should have woke up and not feel hungry. You should still be on your liq. diet and yesssss you will be hungry. Fight through it.. Watch the kinds of liq you are taking in. Make sure they are not high in fat or calories... I wish i could tell you that you will come out of your first fill and not feel hungry.... but there are no guarantees... I have the 14cc band and it took till i had 5.5cc in before i felt "not hungry". Now... going on year 7 i have 10.5cc and im hardly ever hungry. in fact there are days when i forget to eat. I know that sounds strange... but it's true.

So, i have to remind myself to eat Breakfast at least... lunch is up in the air. i try and eat supper at least a few bites. If i don't then i am hungry in the am.

I have coffee and yogurt with granola most every am. If i do eat lunch its something small and light... Soup/baked sweet potato, guacamole, tuna salad... most of the time i eat it by itself... No bread/crackers/chips... Supper is a few bites of what ever i cook. Last night i fried them shrimp with fries..... I ate 4 small-med size shrimp but i saute mine with a litter pam/butter and ate with a half of avocado.

Hang in there.... it is so worth it... the band works if you work it..