Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello

How long after you submit all of your information to the insurance did it take to get approved. I have a 40.7 BMI and I have high cholesterol and hypothyroidism which I'm taking medications for both so I am within the range of getting the surgery done but I'm just wondering how long did it take for you to get your surgery date? Also I'm curious about the recovery I am a mom of four ages 11 to 2 years old and i'm wondering how long I'm going to have to have help with the kids I take them to school pick him up do activities with them so how long were you guys out of commission before you got back to your usual activities?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I can only help you with the first question. It took me 1 week from date of submission to call from my surgery center saying I was approved. I have my last appt with my surgeon Tuesday to get my surgery date :).

Thank you!!! So excited for you!

Thank you Tan4sho! I had to enroll into a program with my insurance also. Did you have to meet with a nutritionist and a psychologist?

Thank you!!! So excited for you!

Thank you :)

What insurance do you have?

I haveBCBS Fed. I had a 3 month supervised diet---which was 3 monthly group meeting with a NUT, a psych eval, a few medical tests, and that's it. The time went by super fast :)

I have United healthcare from Northfolk Southern Railroad. I had the six months required physician documented diet. What goes into the psychological evaluation? Also the medical testing did you have to have light in the EKG earth and stuff like that?

I have United Healthcare Signature Value. Took a week from the day they submitted. I also had the 6 month documented diet, psych evaluation and some other tests.

The psych eval was pretty straight forward. I had to fill out a questionnaire prior to the meeting. Then sat and chatted with the psychologist. Pretty basic. Nothing to worry about.

I needed a chest X-ray, EGD, EKG, an abdominal ultrasound to check gall bladder liver kidneys etc, and blood work.

Also, all of the appointments for everything were scheduled through my coordinator at the bariatric center. I pretty much only had to show up

Oh I didn't think it could be that fast! I'm really excited about this new tool for weight loss. Where are all of you from? If so, what should I bring with me to the day of surgery?

I've had my gallbladder removed and I do have a history of kidney stones will that hinder me from having the surgery?

I'm from Jacksonville FL :)

Your lack of gall bladder and kidney stones shouldn't stop you from getting the sleeve. Lots of people on these boards have had their gall bladders removed.

It's so exciting. Good luck!!!

My surgeons office said that The data plan with the doctor is just a formality to show that you've tried something besides surgery and it is free old I think that you lost 6 pounds is amazing so don't let it get to you. Did you do it through your bariatric surgeon or your primary care?

Thanks MeFirst!!

There are so many things that come up with this bariatric surgery and I just don't want to leave no stone unturned and know exactly what I'm getting into when I walk through those doors.