Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which scale do you have and do you recommend it?Pros/ cons a new on,

I'm frustrated with the scale , not because of my weight but because it doesn't give enough info about BMI etc. thinking of getting a new one. Tell me your scale stories please !

Edited by skinnyrita

I've had a Tanita body fat monitor scale for about ten years, and I am VERY happy with it. It uses electrical impedance to measure lean mass vs. fat mass as a percentage. I usually show about a 10% difference in body fat percentage between first thing in the morning (when I usually weigh), and midafternoon (which is usually the most accurate in terms of the fat percentage). I chart the trends, and if I step on the scale in the morning and I see both a gain in lbs and a decrease in body fat %, I know that the gain is Fluid.

I also think Tanita is the best for the extra measurements. I have had mine for probably 10 years, like the other person posted, and it has consistently been a very good scale. I use three scales. I use the Body From, which has big, blue numbers and it was the one I got before surgery. It was cheap, it weighs consistently the same weight (like if you weigh yourself at 9:00 and then at 9:02 you haven't magically lost a few ounces), and it's good if you're taking pictures of your weight, which I have done every single day since before surgery (weird, but when i go back and look at all of the other pictures on my phone I know exactly what I weighed at each point). I also use the Aria scale because it uploads my weight directly to MyFitnessPal. The Tanita and BodyFrom almost always weigh the same as each other and the Aria is about 8 ounces heavier.

They all have different positives.

If you have a FitBit monitor the Aria is a great scale. It syncs with your tracker and gives as best a current picture as you can have.

I don't really trust the BMI of a scale or whatever. I get DEXA scans to track my fat percentage. Since I know from my first DEXA scan my bones are insanely dense, anything a scale tells me is going to be off.

So I just wanted a scale that was accurate, really accurate, on hard wood floors that might not be even, all the time.

I purchased http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Bathroom-Capacity-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808

I am still debating buying a more expensive scale that will auto update to an app. I decided for now, It isn't worth the extra $80-100 for that feature when I can just type it in when I am tracking my food in an app every day anyway. It takes 2 seconds and I get BMI information there if I want it. I'd rather spend the money on new clothes.