Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Surgery Day 5 Question

Well I went into the surgery 546lbs, and it's now day 5 of post op and I'm just having broth and Water and little Protein Powder, but I am currently only 544lbs. I'm just shocked in 5 days I've lost 2lbs is that normal?

I gained about 4 pounds with my surgery (this Monday). From what I've read, we get so filled with fluids and gas and other stuff that it's normal to gain or stall just a little at the beginning. Give it time. :)

I'm just shocked I guess, thanks for the reply. Just going to ride it out hopefully I'll start losing faster.

Yes songsmith is right. We do get filled with whatever it is that they blow up our tummy with to get the instruments in. Then all the IV fluids and meds we are given. I had my surgery on Jan 26th and didn't get on the scale until Feb 3rd when I went back for my 1 week follow up. By then I had lost all those excess fluids from the surgery and was 13 pounds down from surgery date. Since then I have lost an additional 7 pounds. Oh just in case you don't know about 3 weeks out you may come to a stall. If your Dr was like mine I had 2 week of full liquids. The 2nd week I got to add egg. This week I got to add tuna, cottage cheese etc real food. My body is saying hey what are you doing to me and doesn't know how to react so it has stopped losing for awhile. There is a thread on this site called "embrace the stall" that Inner Surfer Girl wrote

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351046-embrace-the-stall/?hl=embrace%20the%20stall

it is worth reading so you are prepared for that time if it happens to you. I know if I hadn't read it before I got to week 3 I would have been so pissed and would have been ranting like crazy. Now I am just following the program, exercising a little and doing what needs to be done. I know the weight will move again once my body realizes I mean business and plan to get to goal whenever I get there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches