Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blood thinner injections

I'm so mad I could spit, and part of the problem is me!

I filled the doctor's prescription for the blood thinner injections before my surgery. I was handed a brown paper bag. It felt like a box; I didn't even look at it. (I know, I know. This is where it's also my fault!)

Got home from the hospital today, looked in the paper bag and all I saw was several individually packaged syringes inside a plastic baggie. That was bad enough. There was no alcohol swipes or anything to cleanse the injection site before giving the shot. WTF Do they expect me to just jab myself?

So I phoned the pharmacy and was told, "Oh, we don't provide any of the wipes. We just offer the syringes." (In a tone of voice that distinctly sounded like "sucks to be you!".) Obviously, they won't take them back so I can fill the prescription elsewhere.

Guess this is more of a rant than anything else. Did everyone else receive their syringes this way?

That's how I received mine too. Well except the syringes were in those bubble packs like when they put individual pills on a sheet with a bubble around each.

Never would have occurred to me that they should provide the alcohol wipes or whatever. I figured that was my job to provide. Theirs is just to provide the medicine.

I wasn't sent home on any injections, just had them while I was in the hospital. Did your doctor give you any instructions on what to do?

Yes, they made me watch an instructional DVD. @@jess9395, I expected the wipes because the DVD made me believe they were part of the package. I'm mad at myself for not looking at them sooner. Getting some wipes today so everything will be fine in the end.

It's not the sort of thing I thought of since I've never had to give myself any sort of injection in the past. I wish the pharmacist had asked if I needed any.

I didn't even think about them until a few days after surgery! They sell the individual wipes at Walmart :) now that I think about it it would be nice if they came with! :)