Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food satisfying after sleeve?

I am ready for a total life style change and currently on the 2 week pre op diet... However I love to BBQ and to cook.. Does your tastes really change? How is it different?

I did not have any taste changes but some people do. You need to talk with @Dub. He is the BBQ master!

Mine changed very little.

Still love the stuff I loved before.....mostly, though.....the meats.

All about them now. Couldn't care less about Pasta and pizza.

My tastes are not different. I still love food, food is still delicious.

The only thing I will is that things I was lukewarm about before surgery I hate now. That I think comes from just having so little room for food, things I don't like really seem like a waste now.

Also if you don't have sugar for a really long time. When sugar hits you in something it's a huge shock surprise. I got a salad from the deli. I asked several times if it had sugar, I was assured it did not. Took a bite and I was like OMG Sugar!!!!!!!!

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Oh man I'm all about the meats too.. Brisket and ribs!! However I usually enjoy Smokin it for others more so than for me.. Family gatherings ect... My brother already asked me to sell him my smokers... I have 3 of them.. Ha

Hope my taste don't change, BBQ is a hobby of mine..

I loved the tastes of food pre-op and still love food!

I just eat less of it. :)

food .... oh food ...

*sigh*

Before surgery ... I was the sugar queen ... seriously .... I'd rather eat cake for dinner than real food ...

obviously now ... can't eat that ...

so I eat other things that are better for me ...

cant really say anything is "satisfying" ... it's just fuel now ...

My head still "thinks" about bad things ... but those thoughts don't turn into cravings ...

I honestly don't crave sugar anymore ... and THAT is a blessing for sure ...

I was scared that I'd stlll want cake, brownies etc ... but I don't ... :)

When I was 1st allowed solid food ... things did taste a bit different ...

but since I'm 7 1/2 months out now ... things are back to normal ...

I'm loving the new life!

I find it more satisfying now. My tastebuds were awakened.

Mine haven't changed yet, you'll probably still like the same foods. At least if you're barbecuing brisket and ribs, you'll be getting lots of protein!

Edited by provenzee

True lots of protein!! Lol I'm sure my family will love it when I BBQ now, they'll get a lot more!!

I decided not to have a good funeral, but if I did it would have been brisket.. 29th is D Day.. Thanks for comments

My tastes havent changed that much. tuna didnt sit well with me last week but i can try that later. As for satisfaction..... Every little meal leaves me feeling like i just ate tgiving dinner

Things were "off" for a few months but returned to normal pretty quickly. I CAN say I've become a choosy eater. Choosy because I'm only going to get a little and I want quality now! Choosy because if I overdo it on fat I feel like crap. Tolerate all things fine in small doses. Just have to keep it balanced.