Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help please everyone

Ok guys so I made a mistake I didn't ask for instructions exactly on how to do the liquid diet I start tomorrow they gave me the list of things that I need which is broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicles, Water, Atkins shakes... But I don't know exactly if there's an order or how many hellos can I have and all that if someone can help me with some advice please I'd appreciate it very much. I called my dietitian but she is on vacation and didn't get the answers I needed. Thank you in advance ????

From my understanding there isn't a set amount of Jello you can have. Its about calories. I would say to be around or under 1,000 calories a day and you'll be fine.

Can't you call them? There are so many surgeons and each of us have different rules and diets. It's crazy sometimes. If it is pre-op I would just eat liquids when hungry and just try to stay busy. Good luck, but try to call your surgeon!

My diet was different; no caloric restriction technically, but I was to measure liquids (like one 12 oz Protein shake for Breakfast, same for lunch, and then 3 ounces of chicken or fish with a cup of low carb veggies).

So I'd do a shake for Breakfast and call them as soon as they are open and ask for specific instructions. Every doctor's practice does seem to have a different pre-op diet, so what we tell you may be wrong as far as they're concerned.

Edited by FrankiesGirl

This is the liquid diet before surgery to shrink the liver I have to start tomorrow for 7 days I have surgery February 24, 2016

post-262458-14556656221446_thumb.jpg

This were my instructions ???? but I am a bit confused

Oh cool!

Basically, you can have 960 calories a day. That is main thing to track. You should primarily be drinking 5-6 shakes a day, and have one "snack" of broth (says to prevent muscle cramps, so just make sure you have a cup a day), and if you still have room in your calorie allotment, you can have some Jello or sugar free popsicles as additional Snacks. So just check the calories on everything and track them each day so you know if you have "room" in your diet for like a popsicle at 8pm.

Oh, and you can have unlimited Water, sugar free drink mixes. So drink a whole lot of those in between meals or if you run through your calorie allotment for the day - it will help you to feel fuller if you are constantly drinking.

I read it differently than @FrankiesGirl. I would treat the sugar free Jello, crystal light, etc. as unlimited and just drink no more than the allowed broth and shakes.

Don't worry about the calories since they are already limited by what you are allowed,

If in doubt, just give your NUT a call tomorrow.

Thank you thank you so so much everyone I so appreciate it ❤️