Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am waiting on my approval from insurance...

During my psych evaluation he asked me if I had smoked marijuana before and I told him I had but I hadn't smoked that nor cigarettes since I signed my no smoking contract back in October and that i should be drug tested but my advocate said that his evaluation was inconclusive and didn't say if I would be a good candidate or a bad candidate... i gave my advocate a copy of a recent drug test I did for work and she said she was going to write her letter but if I hadn't head from her by Thursday that means that would have to go to a review board?

so I'm just wondering if anyone else has been through this too because i am so worried they will deny me...

It sounds as though you're trapped in an alternate, invasive universe. What is the relationship between a "no-smoking contract" and WLS? Who are the parties to such a contract? Drug test? Are these things required by your insurance plan, Wackos R Us? Are they required by the surgeon, Wacko Am Me? I'm surprised the psych evaluator didn't want to do an internal exam. What is an "advocate" in the world of WLS? You either omitted a significant piece of info or I'm no longer on my home planet.

I hope someone comes along who understands any of this and can give you some solid info and ideas on dealing with these Lewis Carroll characters. For your sake I'll be pleased to be made foolish.

The weight loss center I go through has patient advocates who is the go to person for collecting stuff from all my drs and submitting my stuff to the insurance... since I smoked cigarettes they made me sign a no smoking contract since it can cause problems after surgery they wanted to me to sign it to show my commitment to the surgery... i didnt realize that not all places do this...

I haven't had to personally deal with this, as I quit smoking 1 1/2 years ago, but I do know that my medical center requires WLS candidates be smoke-free for 8 weeks and they do require urine testing to make you have remained smoke-free prior to surgery. I had my physch evaluation a couple of weeks ago and was asked about smoking. The surgeon stated at the info seminar that the reason this is required is because of the dangers during and after surgery and stated they had a patient that ended up in ICU for 6 weeks after surgery because of smoking. The patient had cheated on the urine test by using someone else's urine sample. That is all the specifics that I know.

@@rmarylee09, I get that your concern is genuine and that my thinking that you've signed on with a raft of loons is irrelevant. Instead of speculating and fretting, you can phone your advocate and find out where things stand right now. That is, make it easier on yourself.

This will teach you to fib if you ever find yourself in a similar situation again.

When you get approval for surgery, and I believe you will, put a note in here, okay?

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Got approved... my surgery is scheduled for March 15th! I am on the 2nd day of my liver shrink diet and doing okay :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using the BariatricPal App