Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats GOOD Restriction?

I definatley have restriction, but i dont know if its too much restriction, like i've mentioned I can only eat about 2 bites of food... is that how its supposed to be? I guess my main question to those with good restriction and consistant weight loss is... How much can you eat????

Maybe it means different things to different people, too.

For me it means I can enjoy almost all foods, just not too much of them. I'm losing slowly but I'm not 'dieting' either. I try to make good choices into a lifelong habit.

There is very little I can't eat but I am still losing weight, albeit slowly. To me, that's good restriction. I don't like stressing my stoma and band by PBing and/or sliming a lot...that makes me nervous. I'd rather do it my way.

Some people use the bread test: If they can eat bread, they're not restricted enough!

Well if thats how it supposed to be im definatley too tight,. i cant enjoy any food let alone ones that i like! Thanks for the input... anymore thoughts on what good restiction is? come on bandsters... how much can you eaT?

Didn't I see on another thread that you drink alcohol quite often? That may be part of the problem. You may want to lay off for a week or so and see if that makes a difference.

Oh i know but i dont drink that much.... Its no every weekend, and I actually havent drank for a month now... been to busy hehe... but thats definatley not the problem i already ruled that out..... thanks for the concern though... and btw on the thread when i said i was an alchololi right next to it i said i was joking...

but since your on this thread, and we are on the topic.. what (portion size) are you usually able to eat, a palm full... or so on?

Oh, I know you were kidding!! But when I was your age I drank a LOT!! LOL Just remembering what it was like....! I'd say I eat about a cup of food at a time. Yesterday for lunch I had a scoop of chicken salad and a banana with a little Peanut Butter on it (which was more than normal, but I did get it in). For dinner I had about 3/4 c. cottage cheese and berries -- I was eating light because I was going to the gym later. The night before I had about 3-4 oz. of tilapia and asparagus. Yeah....about a cup.

well then so maybe im not too restricted, if anything maybe a slight unfill of like .25 will be perfect then, but as for now everytime i take a bite of food i start sliming

I have been too tight more than once. If your dr will have them take out a .10 cc first. It always does the trick for me. I am always happy with it. Sometimes .25 is just too much. Good luck!