Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Young Living Essential Oils usage

As I near my four month surgeversary, I am curious if anyone else uses the Young living essential oils for treatment of pain, stress, hunger, Vitamins or any other reason. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much for your help.

After surgery my wife suggested that I experiment with essential oils. I followed her advise and found there was some substance and benefit to using essential oils capturing their medicinal properties. So you might say that I became New Age in my Old Age except I didn't let my hair grow long and tie it in a pony tail and I don't walk around wearing hippy beads.

I am 33 months post op RNY surgery. Immediately after surgery one of the interesting observations that I experienced was a complete absence of hunger. I found that it was not difficult to lose weight when hunger was not constantly, continually gnawing at your bones. But after about a year or two, hunger does return but not with the same intensity as it was before surgery. One of the oil formulas that I created and experimented with I called Anti-Hunger. I found it to be beneficial. The formula is contained in the following article. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

Thank you James Marusek, I found your information to be very helpful and inspiring. I unfortunately am stuck in the proverbial gerbil wheel of life. I suffer from chronic pain, excess weight makes it worse, exercise aids in weight loss but causes pain, the pain is relieved to a manageable level with narcotics, those in turn depress the senses including feeling full, so i have to be very careful when I eat. Many friends have used Young Living oils and swear by them. One day this past summer I had disabling pain in my knee and was given a massage of a blend of oils and within minutes the pain began to subside. So I have read and looked at data and other essential oils for 5 months and finally decided my quality of life was such that I had to do something. The Dr.'s could only change my medication to morphine, this in itself is upsetting to me. So I am taking my health back by any means I can, and the Young Living Essential Oils is my choice to do just that!

I too have debilitating pain and decided to have weight loss surgery when my pain management doctor told me I would be in a wheelchair on a morphine pump if I did not have surgery to lose weight. I've been with this doctor for 12 years, so I thought I should finally listen to him. I started at 278 and yesterday (I weigh once a week) I weighed 208. I have seen an improvement on my back pain, but my knees are still really really painful. I have bone on bone in my left knee. I have been using a spray-on magnesium oil on my knees and it makes a huge difference. I can't recommend it enough. The brand is Omica and on the label it says "concentrated pure magnesium oil rapidly absorbable topical spray with biodynamic/organic lavender and helichrysum". I think I bought it at Amazon. I don't recall the price but it lasts a really long time.

By the way, I also followed James Marusek's anti-hunger recipe and use it every day. He is a very smart and helpful person. I have also used his chili recipe which is yummy and very nutritious.