Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too late to change Hospitals??

WOW am I frustrated!! I've been getting the run around from Mount Sinai (sorry if I'm not supposed to name names) but turns out they've got a few new members in the dept. and they really need to get their act together. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was told by my surgeon's NEW medical assistant that they had all my paperwork and that it is ready to be submitted to my insurance co. for approval AND she even gave me a surgery date of August 17. I told my boss about the date and told her that it's pending Insurance approval. OK cut to now...I called my health insurance co. to find out the status and they told me that they haven't received a thing from Mt. Sinai :faint:So of course still keeping my composure I call Mt. Sinai and and basically say "what's going on?" So I get this run around about how the nurse practitioner is still reviewing my chart to make sure that all my paperwork is complete...WHA WHA WHAT? Didn't this woman tell me 2 1/2 wks ago that everything was complete and ready to be sent to the insurance company?? OKAY so I speak to the nurse practioner today and she tells me that it is NOT complete because they still need a letter from my PCP (I sent that like 2 mos. ago) and knowing ME, I know that I called to follow up and make sure they received it. SOOO, this means that NOTHING was sent to the insurance company despite what I was told. I mean this is really frustrating because this is supposed to be a "Bariatric Surgery Center for Excellence" named so by the American Association for Bariatric Surgery. UNBELIEVABLE. I'm so angry that I just wanna switch over to NYU at this point :think but if I do that, that means starting the WHOLE process over again right???

Another thing is that my surgeon is not involved in any of this process...soooo....I haven't seen or spoken to him since the initial consulation which I find so impersonal but I guess that's normal right??

PS. Mount Sinai NEVER returns my calls when I leave messages :phanvan Today they did though...MIRACLE

Sorry for the rambling :lie:

LOL I'm posting a reply to my own thread LOL I just wanted to add that I've been a nervous wreck ever since they gave me my potential surgery date of Aug. 17 and it's just not right for them to play games with me like that...I'm a freakin human being...and here I am confiding that this paperwork had been sent to the insurance company weeks ago. I really feel deceived :-(

wow thats rough. That staff needs a wake up call. I would give it a little more time before i switch hospitals. Although it might be a good idea to call for an app. now since most of the times there is a long wait to see the doctors. I hope things turn around.

Damn...sounds like the same thing I'm going through. My stuff was submitted, but the chick forgot 3 important papers that caused me to be denied. I'm switching surgeons...and am moving right along with my second place. I meet the doctor next week and send everything to my insurance company. They accepted all of my paperwork from the original place...

good luck to you!

Well i have to say that sounds like alot of what is happening to me. I have my 2nd date for Monday but still don't have a pre-op date.

Aetna Called me back today and said the got my Pre-cert app for the first time today. Not sure how long they take but Monday may still happen. Now i know why my last date never happened..

Congrats from a fellow-Aetnaer!!!

(I'm just starting the process)!

Keep us posted on everything!