Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Jones speaks out!

I was so happy to see that Star came out about her surgery. She has been through so much and just wanted to wait until she was ready to speak about it. I think she looks awesome and hopefully this will please people enough so they will stop talking about her all the time. I wish her nothing but the best. You can find the story at Glamour.com

Aloha

Star Jones comes out about RNY, Now I ask you is there any one the planet that saw her before and after who didn't think that she had Surgery? I mean I'm OK that she had it thats her business, but come on did any body reaally think she lost all that weight by just going on a diet? I'm a 50 year old man that tells people when they ask "WOW what diet are you on" I tell them about my band code name "Harvey". I guess I'm just very secure with myself, OK enough venting. I really am happy for her and wish her all the best, I know that she will be healther.

Aloha

BWD

It's so obvious what she did to lose weight. I feel bad for her in that she didn't want the world to know because she was ashamed and by lying about it, everyone is talking about her anyhow. I can totally understand her reasoning though. No one in my family understands including my husband. They all think I'm just too lazy to do things the old fashioned way. I don't care to have everyone look down on me so I am also not telling anyone and when they ask what I did I will tell them I am on the "I don't eat diet". That's kind of the truth, right?

It's so obvious what she did to lose weight. I feel bad for her in that she didn't want the world to know because she was ashamed and by lying about it, everyone is talking about her anyhow. I can totally understand her reasoning though. No one in my family understands including my husband. They all think I'm just too lazy to do things the old fashioned way. I don't care to have everyone look down on me so I am also not telling anyone and when they ask what I did I will tell them I am on the "I don't eat diet". That's kind of the truth, right?

I could care less one way or the other about Star Jones...she's healthier, that's what matters.

As far as not telling anyone...well, I feel everyone has to do this the way it works for them. I personally can't keep it to myself, as much as I'd like to. The reason? When someone asks me how I'm losing (most of it was in pre-op) I can't just say "diet and exercise"...because I don't want anyone to feel bad about themselves, thinking "she can do it, why can't I?". I just can't 'mislead' people. I'm not saying that keeping it to yourself and telling people the loss it due to diet and exercise is lying...because it's not...but my personal feelings won't let me leave it at that. I just feel deceptive, personally, when I don't own up to my band. I also don't want them saying, like with Star, "See...I TOLD YOU she had surgery!" when it does leak out...and it always does! :)

Honestly, right now, the only reason I don't want people knowing is because I'm not losing much...no restriction...but once I'm restricted properly and losing at a nice kip, I'll want to shout it from the roof tops I think :Banane21: