Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am interested in lapband surgery and have been for some time now. I was just looking for some realistic times as to how long I would be out of work. My full time job is a desk job and I am not on my feet except to go to the copier or printer. My part time job is retail so I am on my feet the entire time but I am not as much concerned about the part time job as I am the full time. I don't want to be out of work to long and I really don't want to explain what kind of surgery I am having. I work in a small office and I don't want all of my business being spread throughout when it is not everyone's business. I would appreciate any info that you folks have.

thanks!!!:D

I am having surgery on Friday morning and I am planning on being back in the office on Monday. I too can be at my desk most of the time if I need too. According to my surgeon, this should be fine. Of coarse everyone heals differently. I for example did very well with my C-section last year and didn't even need pain meds. Since that is the only comparison I have, Im not sure how this will go but like I said I'm only taking off the day of and using the weekend to recover.

This is a hard question to answer. A lot of people here will say "oh I was up and shopping the next day". That was not me. I was in a LOT of pain.

It took me a full week to feel human enough to go back to work. And even then I was in a lot of pain. I found what *killed* me was sitting at my desk for hours, then getting up to move. OW! Of big importance right away after surgery is to KEEP MOVING! The pain will be much better if you do.

Good luck!

One week out i was doing pretty good but would get tired pretty easy if i was on my feet too long. but it took me 4 days to be able to get up out of bed and ouy of chairs without help and little pain.

You are much younger than me and I think that matters a lot! But I would say that you should plan on 1 week away from your full-time job and two weeks away from your part time job where you're on your feet all the time. Even though you may 'feel okay'....you will become tired easily and rest is very important. Not to mention you won't be able to eat much and you will be feeling a little bit weak because of that. That's my $0.02!