Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This darn butt of mine! Is yours acting up too?

I am thrilled to be down 160 lbs., but I have an embarrassing problem. My butt makes me uncomfortable any time I'm sitting. It is caused by the loose skin I'm sitting on top of and I am always shifting to get more comfortable. Does anyone else have this issue and is there any trick or shape wear out there to make this darn butt of mine behave????

I have found that a wondergel cushion available at Bed Bath and Beyond helps a lot. As you lose fat, you are also losing your built-in cushion.

My "cushion" is gone. I hadn't thought about get a gel pad. That is a great idea!

@@CharlotteKat

I must complain at least 100 times a day that my butt hurts. I literally have lost my entire rear and because of it my tailbone sticks out. It hurts!

I have a gel pillow in my chair at home and in the car and although it does help a little it certainly doesn't take it away. I have been working with a physical therapist for other back issues and she taught me to sit forward on my thighs and that works as well but I cannot sit like that for long.

My butt is so wrinkled from loose skin that hubby says he would like to use the Iron on it. LOL. He is joking of course and since losing so much weight apparently he loves it because he is always playing grab ass with me.

But you are right, my butt hurts and I haven't figured out what to do about it.

I lost my butt too. I can't find any jeans that fits me well. I'm using mostly dresses and leggings. I have to seat on my side because my tail bone hurts. But hey who is complaining haha

I have ton a million squats and it help build some gluts which makes it more comfortable to sit.

I lost my butt too. I'm thinking down the road butt implants might be more a necessity than a luxury! ????

I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one squirming in my seat because of my Shar-Pei looking butt. I did find some relief thanks to James above. His idea to get a pad really helped. I found a $6 high density foam cushion at Walmart. It's 18" x 18" x 2". I put it on my office chair and it feels so much better. I may have to go a couple more of them to put elsewhere. :)

This thread made me giggle. I needed that! Thank you!!!

Yaaaassss! Recently I've realized that sitting on hard surfaces hurts my tushy. I was wondering what was wrong until I realized that it's bc I've been losing weight and my tail bone is touching. Hahaha! It's a good problem to have I suppose.

I, too, have purchased three pads, 2 for home and 1 for work. But I'm finding that sitting at church is very uncomfortable. My bony back is not liking the hard wooden pew. I tend to sit forward during service. Didn't think I would miss my back fat.