Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One-on-one holiday exercise challenge, anyone?

Penni, I have not lost an ounce for 2 straight weeks. I know the feeling of frustration you are going through.Matter of fact, there are several of us here struggling right now through this Hoilday Goodies Crap! Hang in there... those 5 lbs will be gone in no time.

NO MORE FUDGE OR chocolate FOR ME!!! I've been a bad bad girl :ermm

Well, I've got 4 pounds showing on the upside. :) BUT I have over a week after Christmas to get back on track. I KNOW I can do it!! Two more days of fudge and goodies and then I'll be VERY, VERY GOOD!!

I've been on nice walks two days in a row now. My sweet husband gave me a nice pedometer for Christmas, then set it for me and took me for a walk. I hope I can get back on track now.

Well I don't know about all of you but I'm praying that when I wake up in the morning the 9 volt battery in my scale is dead and a state wide search for a fresh battery results in none available due to the large volumn of toys sold requiring this battery.

I'm also hoping not one single family member purchased one of these toys and will offer me the battery.

Further more I am hoping the stores have a one month delivery date for replacement batteries.

I know what you are all saying....Dummy take one out of the several smoke alarms in the house..put it in the scale and then after getting the reading replace it in the smoke alarm. I have thought about that but here is my problem. I have 4 smoke alarms in the house each placed in an important area of the home. Which one do I choose and what do I do if for that brief moment the battery is out that smoke alarm. What if there is an undetected need for that alarm to sound and I have the battery in my hand. I could suffer severe damage to my home and property. the resulting fire could spread to my neighbors and they could lose their homes and then several near by business could also be involved cause the lose of jobs. I'd be written up in the paper, probably with a picture of me with the battery in my hand, and scorned by the community.

What all this for a reading on the scale I don't want in the first place this week. HMMMMMMMMMMM please advise.

My alternative is to sleep till Tuesday and hope some of this holiday junk has past thru the old system.

So, pecan pie is okay! Good. I hate to admit it, but I ate 2 pieces of pecan pie this morning and one of lemon meringue for lunch. I don't suppose I walked that off??? I tried to get my kids to take the pies away, but they want them here waiting for them. Don't they realize by now that they will disappear mysteriously? Tomorrow is a new day, full of hope, with or without the battery in the scale. :)

Damn Battery still had juice. Oh well.

First time since I have been banded I have gained. BUT I know the reason and I can't blame anyone else but the following people: Next door neighboors for sending over One of thier famous Desserts, My sister for bringing another pumpkin pie to the house, fellow workers for loading the work place up with chocolates, cakes and Cookies, Krogers, Farmer Jacks, Meijer and all the other stores that sell food for being open last week.

And lastly Home Depot for being out of duct tape so I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Now I have to work extra hard to get off the three pounds I picked up. But I will do it.

That is funny Greg, but it sums it up perfect!

I ate way more than I should have, but I stayed the same, no gain, no loss. I will happily take that! I had my fudge, Cookies, and lots more, so I won't complain one little bit. I must say I am glad it is over! Now, if my hubby will just hurry up and eat the rest of that damn stuff!

I wasn't gonna... didn't think I could face it... but I did... OY... 3 lb gain... not a big surprise! BUT... normally I gain 10 or more pounds during the holidays... so... not all is lost... or gained. :) I am actually happy it was only 3 lbs... I deserved much more for the very naughty things I ate! Time to get back to business... and... time to make another appointment for a fill. :D

I sure am glad my scale doesn't actually talk...

Darcy

Greg, I'm impressed by your willingness to sacrifice the safety -- no, the very existence -- of family and community just so you could hop on the scale. If there's a report of a massive fire in Detroit tonight we'll all know who to blame: Meijer's, your neighbors, and your sister! Me, I'm blaming my mother for the inevitable weight gain I haven't been able to face this morning. If she hadn't put on such a remarkable spread of goodies for three straight days. . . oh, hell, I probably would have found them someplace else. But I'm feeling so bloated that I'm actually looking forward to eating like a good little bandster again.

OK back from my holiday thrills of Tennessee, Land of Snow and ICE. It was pretty but very treacherous. Got on the scales this morning and I lost 3 of the 5 lbs I had gained. WHOO HOO!!

Hearing about all the fun everyone is having sliding down the hill on cardboard: PRICELESS

Spending time with all 4 of my kids and their spouses: PRICELESS

Laughing till we pee: PRICELESS & HILARIOUS

Rocking your grandson in your grandmother's chair your daughter and sweetie had restored for you: PRICELESS and lots of tissue.

Mom not being able to make it to the Christmas party: Upsetting but smart due to bad weather.

This Christmas was the best ever except for Mom not being able to make it.

That sounds so sweet, Penni! And you lost weight!!

I got to talk to my 2 year old grandson on the phone. He went from not talking at all to rattling off full sentences.

Well, I didn't want Greg or Darcy to feel bad, so I have a gain of 3 lbs. too. I am stubbornly leaving my signature line at 172, but that damn scale says 175 this morning. Of course, I could count that as a one pound loss, since I was 4 up last week. I'm sure it's NOT the pies I made, or the fudge or Cookies.< /p>

I know what it is. DH bought me my nice pedometer. After I opened it and started to open another package, he said, "That goes with you pedometer." Hmmm...it was a bag of Hershey's kisses. Gee! Now that's the bratty side. BUT ... I only ate about 6 of them. Now that's a real change! :D

Here's a toast to a fresh start down our weight loss paths. I have so much hope for the future. :)

Way to go Penni - At least someone here lost some weight. Now how did you manage to do that with all that southern cooking? lol

Becky - You have inspired me so much with your weight loss, especially with all the problems. You also inspired me to make a pan of fudge and eat 2 pieces with all you talk of fudge making! :)