Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One-on-one holiday exercise challenge, anyone?

I cooked the whole Thanksgiving meal by myself over the last two days. Yesterday I was inside cooking all day, so no exercise. I splurged a bit at the Thanksgiving meal, but not much. I gave away all of the dangerous food to my relatives. But nobody would take the pies (3). I threw two away this morning, but the third one is still sitting in the fridge. And it's calling me. I feel as though with all that giving away and throwing away, I've just run out of discipline. And I didn't exercise today either, which is what worries me the most. Because I've been into exercising before and I've learned that all it takes is a few days of not exercising and I'm out of the habit again. Tomorrow is a new day, I know. I'm determined to get back on track, but I'm also a little concerned.

Nancy

I agree everyone that cooked T-Dinner should get extra points. That really takes willpower to not nibble while cooking it. And being banded we can nibble easily. LOL!!

Well guys Delarla and Chris and Sachi and VooDoo left this morning. WITHOUT SAYING GOOD BYE!! Well let me clarify that. THey left a note on the kitchen counter saying good bye.

I am gonna get her so bad. LOL!! Wench!!

So, back to the challenge. I did not exercise today. I might do something tonight but not likely. I am a morning person when it comes to exercise. I guess I will have to get in something today. Maybe I can talk John into walking with me in the park. Think I can get him to do that??? We will see.

I really think I have lost some over this holiday. I feel lighter. LOL!! We will see come Monday morning.

Hey do we post our weight here or send it to Greg?

Hey guys Forms will go out sometime tonight or tomorrow. You can keep it in a file to track the challenge. You can then copy it and send me a e-mail to lapbander081004@yahoo.com or send a PM here and attach it.

Betty. I believe I deleted accidentaly the PM you sent with your e-mail. Can you please do it again. Also Betty I am tracking BMI. If you want to see if yours goes down send me your starting weight and your height. I'm surprised so far everyone has sent that. Thanks.

Having just a bit of trouble getting a chart set up to show everything at one time But I'm getting there.

I have just completed sending out a current particpants list to all who have indicated they wanted in on this challenge.

Also I send everyone a form for you to keep track and to use to send info back to me. If you lose the chart or need me to resend anything let me know. The form was done on excel.

Zoe and PamRN I do not have an e-mail to send you the above information. I aslo PMed you both about it.

Delarla and La_madam...I had trouble with your e-mails. I alos PMed you two about it.

As soon as I get enough info to make the charts I'll do so.

Good luck again everyone.

I had a good start with a 2 pound loss

No weight loss again, I guess I won't have any till I get my fill. Come on Dec. 8th! :D I do feel lucky with no gain however, since I had all that good food.

I did walk 2 1/2 hours yesterday, and realized that my legs are so much stronger since I have been doing so much walking. My feet actually didn't hurt and my legs felt great. A few months ago, I would have been hurting so bad that I wouldn't have been able to walk half that far. Yesterday I was ready to keep going, but dear hubby had enough. Now, that is a change, it is usually me that is making excuses to stop! :)

We walked over to the neighbors last night and I was wondering if they would notice my weight loss. After I lost the 20 pounds before surgery, the guy noticed right away. Well, dear hubby didn't even give them a chance, he blurted right out "I am so proud of Betty, she has lost 50 pounds" I had to correct him and say 41, but I thought that was sweet.

Awwww Betty, your hubby sounds like a real sweet guy. I love to hear stories of spouces being proud and bragging on each other. Keep up the good work on your exercising. Your doing great!

Sigh......Congratulations, Greg. (No, really, good job! :Bunny )

La_Madam posted on weekly scale challenge a 3 lb. loss. WooHoo! :Bunny :Bunny

I exercised 3 days this week. That's good. :D I gained 1 pound. :nervous It could have been worse. This week will be much better.

Well I have maintained my weight from last week. BUMMER! for no loss. And HOORAY!! for no gain. Didn't really do a lot of exercise last week either so that has something to do with no loss. Will try to step it up this week. Tried to get out and do some walking this AM but the wind was like a knife it was so cold out there. So I did about a 10 to 15 min walk and then went to Starbucks for some Mocha coffee. LOL!!!

I sent Greg a PM cause I'm backing out of this challenge before it's too late. I'm sinking into the old "diet mentality" that got me fat to start with. My band challenges me every day, and I'm not in a good place (mentally) right now to take on a challenge. I'm afraid it will do me more bad than good, so see ya on another post. Good luck to everyone.

Aww, DeLarla, I'm sorry to hear that. This is a hell of a time to get stuck in "diet mind," with all that yummy holiday food around. Hope you feel better. Hey, we'll have another challenge in the new year, and you'll be putting us all to shame.

Congrats, everyone, on your progress, even if you're like Penni and me -- exactly the same weight as last Monday. That's a big achievement, considering how much I've eaten in the last seven days! I've been walking fiendishly every day, the only thing that has stopped me from gaining. No parties this week, so I'll try to behave myself, or at least stay away from Desserts.< /p>

Greg, did you get my e-mail and PM?