Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Detriot Medical Center?

I agree with most of the things said about having the surgery at Harper. I loved doctor Weiner and the pre op nurse was wonderful. There was just a lot of bad communication between all the staff and I had the same issue with getting my perscriptions. I would suggest opting to fill your own when you get home if you can at your pharmacy.

I would go back to Harper but with the understanding I will most likely have to deal with mix ups and bad communication. But it is worth it to have doctor Weiner.

I am scheduled Nov 9th for surgery-self pay. My husband will have no car, many places around the area he can eat at...or excercise? How bad will I feel following days after?

Hello all, I'm looking into finding a surgeon at the DMC. I'll be turning 19 in a few weeks and my BMI is well above 40. I'm hoping to have the lap band surgery before I go back to school.

What was the average time between the first consultation appointment, and actually having the surgery done?

Thanks!

Colleen

I went through a company called beliteweight they have a website you can look up. I did all paperwork through them over internet and mail and made my appointment for surgery with them. It was only about a month from the time I contacted them. I was self paying and I never seen or met my doctor till the day of surgery. I had doctor Weiner and love him. He is so caring and wonderful bedside manner. I highly recommend Harper Hospital and Dr. Weiner.

Unfortunately, I would love to go to Harper Hospital, but I saw on their website that a person has to be 21 years old to have the surgery and I am only 19 years old.

Colleen! I am having my surgery done through Great Lakes Weight Loss, which costs $10,700 for self-pay. My actual surgeon is Dr. Webber. Their website says you only have to be 18 to get the surgery through them. I know that if you are self-pay they can schedule you within a couple of weeks of contacting them. Also, if you are self-pay they take financing through Care Credit which has financing options of 24, 36 or 60 months at 13.9% interest. I too am a student, and I'm having my surgery done between semesters. Please let me know if I can help you!