Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb'07 Bandsters: August Exercise Challenge

Zannie you are not a thread killer. =) It is a busy month and I have not been on as much as I want to be. I have been working out though =) I posted my 6 month pics in the photot thread if anyone is interested.

Hey babygirl , I just checked out your pics - WAY TO GO !!!:lol: You look awesome ! Such a young chick - you look like you could be in high school ! lol !;) Things are getting busy for me too. I go back to work this week and have been getting my classroom ready. I'm really ready to get back to it, cause I do so much better losing the lbs. when I'm working since I'm busy dancing w/ my choirs and classes most days. At home I don't get the exercise that I should especially when it's so hot out.

Suzanne , I hope things are going ok with you and you're taking care of yourself. You'll get through this no matter the outcome ! BE STRONG !

I had my 4th fill on Tues. and just started feeling a little more restriction yesterday ! I'm just frustrated right now cause I hit a plateau. But I think working will help it start moving again. The dr. said my band is only half full right now so I have a lot of room to work w/ it still. Thank Goodness ! Have a GREAT day girls ! Gotta get ready for church now .

Quick intro ..never saw this on here before..22 yo female in Tx in school.

1st time to do a challenge...I actually decided that I was gonna be in a size 12 or less for my sisters wedding in Dec, so I have decided to get my butt in gear!! I am currently in a 14/16 down from a 22/24...but formal dresses run small..Also, bc of my age I was never put on a pre op diet, so all my weight loss is due to the band

anyways, I actually just changed my fall schedule. I decided to take several gym classes to help me get in gear...

I will be taking self defense, aerobics (no clue on the spelling), karate and bowling (still exercising!lol) so al together that means Ill be an elite intermediate i think.. might be confused on the wording there :). I am also raising a very active 6 mnth old puppy who requires walks everyday to prevent her from destroying my house, so hopefully this will work!!!:ranger:

Welcome, Tiff! Your plan sounds like the definition of "get that butt in gear" to me! I know you'll see major progress by December!

Okay! So I've totally given up on the Challenge for August, unless I were to go buy a pedometer & count all this manic pacing I find myself doing lately!

How's everybody else doing? Just ONE WEEK left of the month...

Suzanne

Hey Suzanne,

It's been tough. We'll get back on track for September. You should count your pacing as daily exercise. I do.

welcome Tifferoni

Hey Suzanne,

It's been tough. We'll get back on track for September. You should count your pacing as daily exercise. I do.

welcome Tifferoni

Ha! Maybe I should invest in a pedometer then! I hardly ever SIT anymore unless at the computer, or on the therapist's couch! :rolleyes::P Got another appointment tomorrow at 2...........

So, are we doing a SEPTEMBER thread? I know I've been totally out of it this month, but I hope everyone else is still trucking along! And how am I going to get back on the playing field...?

Well, I'm planning to take a long walk around our neighborhood with my kids twice a week, during "preschool hours" -- which my son will begin 3 days a week after we return from a family vacation to the beach. I figure that keeping him on a consistent "ready to leave at 8:30am" schedule even on non-school days is smart. And the exercise will be good for me physically, and them mentally, too. So that's the plan here. It's not the treadmilling I WAS doing, but it's better than only having pacing to tally up for my exercise! :)