Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the day, I'm really nervous, and so hopeful!

I am in Wellington, New Zealand and have just started my nil by mouth for surgery tomorrow morning. I have been so organised and prepared for this that it feels strange to hand over responsibility tomorrow to my medical team. I have total trust in them, it's just that I really feel that I own this journey myself. Weird or what. Also, I have not been nervous at all until 2 days ago, suddenly I feel scared. Hoping all this is fairly normal?

It's definitely normal to feel nervous and scared leading up to it, but everything will be alright! You can do it!

@@Kiwisleeve - yes, very normal. do as you were told and if you can drink Water try to do as much of that as long as possible. I was told I had until mid-night. I was first in the OR. I was not allowed food after 6pm, but the OR nurse when I was pre-registering said to drink as much as I could until midnight. The better hydrated, the easier to find veins, etc...

Good luck to you! Mine was Wednesday at it honestly hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. The gas pain in my shoulder is literally the worst thing but everything else has gone pretty smooth!!

Had mine this morning and agree with other comments. Don't want to highjack this thread but might be helpful to read recently posted day 1 experiences since yours is tomorrow: i was in a good amount of pain (highest 9/10 and lowest 3/10) in the shoulder and in right upper quadranr where the biggest incision is, but the nurses and docs switched me to dilaudid instead of morphine and it made all the difference in the world. Now I can slowly get out of bed without excruciating pain. I already feel 10x better than when I came out of surgery this morning!

I had my surgery last Monday and I admit the first two/three days sucked but I'm feeling tons better now and I'm excited to see what happens with my body and health. The anticipation leading up to the surgery was big and I was scared but now that there is no going back I intend to make the most of it and have fun. It is truly the first day of the rest of your life. I hope surgery goes well for you. Best of luck ????