Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new to this! I'm 26, have 4 children- and having kids so close together really took a toll on my body. My youngest 3 were born in 2012, 2013, & 2014. I have Pseudotumor Cerebri, which causes massive headaches and papilledema of my eyes. We're hoping this surgery will help with a lifestyle change that will make my symptoms easier to live with on a daily basis, since I'm about 100 pounds overweight- and it only took me 3 years to get there. I've tried dieting, exercise, the Medi-Weight loss program, the works! Nothing seems to have helped- so I'm ready for this next step in changing my life for my kids. My final weigh-in before I can get my surgery scheduled is NEXT MONTH, so I'm really excited!

Congratulations on making the decision to change your life!

It's wonderful you are taking this journey! You are so young and I'm glad you're doing it now. I'm 60 and I was so heavy when my kids were little that I missed so many events they were involved in. You will be able to play with them and travel with them and you will be so happy you made the decision to have surgery while you are young! I'm doing it now because I don't want to miss out on my grandchildren, if there ever are any, and I want to travel to France to spend time with my 31year old daughter. She's lived there 12 years now and I never could fly to see her. Now I will, in a year or so. It will be a dream come true.

Hi! I'm 24, almost 25, and have had 3 kids. Mine aren't so close together but they've definitely contributed to my weight gain ;) I weigh about 230 pounds and I'm a diabetic. My surgery is Feb 10th and it can't come soon enough! Good luck to you! :)

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Mine isn't scheduled yet, but next month is my final group weigh in, and my surgery can be scheduled! I'm excited!

The whole process is so exciting! I'm glad it's over but this week and a half is going to drag! I just weighed myself after almost 3 days of facing and I'm 6.5 pounds down! Feels good to see it coming down already!

I'm new to this! I'm 26, have 4 children- and having kids so close together really took a toll on my body. My youngest 3 were born in 2012, 2013, & 2014. I have Pseudotumor Cerebri, which causes massive headaches and papilledema of my eyes. We're hoping this surgery will help with a lifestyle change that will make my symptoms easier to live with on a daily basis, since I'm about 100 pounds overweight- and it only took me 3 years to get there. I've tried dieting, exercise, the Medi-Weight loss program, the works! Nothing seems to have helped- so I'm ready for this next step in changing my life for my kids. My final weigh-in before I can get my surgery scheduled is NEXT MONTH, so I'm really excited!

This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

We would LOVE to have you join in wit us! Just go to Facebook and search my name LaNae Davis Petersen, send me a friend request. I can then send you an invite to secret page and then I'll remove you back off my friends list :)

It's meant to be a positive group who we can all be going through the same things at the same tim on this journey! The goals will be to provide support, bounce questions off each other, have somewhere safe to share on the days that aren't so great, and share our victories on this journey!

MOST importantly it's all confidential, unless you are in this group people can't see the group, who's in it or what the posts are.

Hi! I'm 24, almost 25, and have had 3 kids. Mine aren't so close together but they've definitely contributed to my weight gain ;) I weigh about 230 pounds and I'm a diabetic. My surgery is Feb 10th and it can't come soon enough! Good luck to you! :)

This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

We would LOVE to have you join in wit us! Just go to Facebook and search my name LaNae Davis Petersen, send me a friend request. I can then send you an invite to secret page and then I'll remove you back off my friends list :)

It's meant to be a positive group who we can all be going through the same things at the same tim on this journey! The goals will be to provide support, bounce questions off each other, have somewhere safe to share on the days that aren't so great, and share our victories on this journey!

MOST importantly it's all confidential, unless you are in this group people can't see the group, who's in it or what the posts are.

I have pseudotumor also! My doctor is going to start decreasing my medicine to hopefully get me off completely since I had the surgery. I'm excited. I've had it since 2004 when I was 12, so I'm not sure what I will do if/when I don't have to take meds for it.

Good luck with your surgery. I fully understand how babies back to back do a number on our bodies. All 7 of my babies are back to backs. This is the first year in 15yrs that I have not been pregnant and/or nursing. Kinda scary! lol you will feel so much better after the surgery. I'm almost 3 months out and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I can do so much more stuff with my kids and stuff already and it's only going to get better! ????

I'm new to this app and don't understand it to well, is the group on here or Facebook?

Hey! Are you having bypass in February? We are starting a closed/secret group on Facebook and would LOVE to have you join us.

2 years ago I had a sleeve done, but due to complications they are revising me from sleeve to bypass. I had an AMAZING group on Facebook that all had the same surgery that month. We were going through the same things whether it was venting one day, sharing milestones, and made lasting friendships!

Since it's a secret group there is some hoops to go through to get added (sorry, Facebook makes it harder) The good thing is that it's completely secret meanining non of your friends can know see posts or ever know you're in it :) This makes it a safe place for us because I know for some it's not something they want to share. Here's how to join:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/lanaepetersen and send me a friend request

2. I will accept the friend request, then send you an invite to the group.

3. After you are added to the group I'll unfriend :)

Spread the word for anyone getting bypass in Feb 2016