Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets get this PARTY started! Oct 07!

Hey paragirl.... Just for the fun of it, try calling Dr. K's office tomorrow and see how long it would be to get a surgery date.. It may not be to late to change your mind... :) Just a thought...

Just want to update everyone on my surgery date it was changed from the 12th to the 19th Good luck to everyone that's going before my date. I wish you the best.

Hi everyone. I'd like to know how your surgeries went and how you're feeling now. I'm scheduled to be banded November 5th and I'm scared. It's funny how that happens since I've been going through all the processes for the past 6 months to get here. Now it's here and approved it's like..... Augh!!!! I'm scared.

Hi Ya'll!

Just dropping by to wish you all well! I know you must be getting nervous and excited as your day approaches!! Best of luck and stay close to LBT -- it's the best source of support on the planet!

Good Luck!!!

Aloha from Hawaii...

My name is Miriam and im going to be banded on Oct 2nd. I have been reading the post but too busy to write. I have six kids at home ranging in ages fro 15 to 10 months. My baby will make 10 months the day after my band. My challenges include dealing with junk food around my kids, getting emotional and eating, and a skinny husband who has not gained since we were married. But i started my own pre op and am doing well. I am suppose to meet the surgeon for my pre op tomorrow and the nurse on Monday... im not excited as every describes.. im just ready and at peace...

Miriam

Well, my surgery is in just a few days...it's time! I'm ready to get this done and get on with my new way of living. I have had all sorts of emotions over the past few weeks...but now I'm just feeling good about this and ready for it to happen. No more feeling sorry for myself! I am glad I've had the support of others here and especially on the chatroom. That has been sooo much help to me.

My surgery is on October 2nd

I am praying for all of us...GBYalways!

i'm third day on the pre-op diet my surgery date is october 7, 2007. i'm getting very anxious and kind of scared. can anyone help? I'M VERY HUNGRY:omg:

Anyone of the October Bandsters getting thier surgery done in Mexico? If so which doctor. I am scheduled for October 25th with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. Very nervous about the whole Mexico thing , but I cant argue with the $7000 difference in price. I would like to hear from anyone going to Mexico in the Month of October.:sick

I am having it done in Mexico, October 9th, same doctor!

Hi everyone

I'm fairly new here, well very new really! My surgery is October 22 and I am unsure if I will have to go through the liquid diet or not as my BMI is 36.

I'd like to wish everyone ahead of me all good wishes and good luck, and I would love to read how you are going post op :)

Ok I have to vent a bit...why do they put us on a diet before the surgery...don't they know that we bite at dieting? And as far as the whole farewell to food tour...we i've been having a farewell to each type of food tour hitting all the types of food I like...mexican restaurant, steakhouse, italian rest, chinese buffet...you get the picture...

Anyway, it's two days until the liquid diet starts...(i've been on a diet for 2 weeks) liquid diet will last 10 days...surgery is on Oct. 2.

I'm not quit so positive at the moment...though i know this is the right decision and i'm doing the right thing....just nerves i think.

Ok, i have vented enough...thanks for listening...y'all take care now

GBYalways

This is how I feel. I sort of feel like, I'll never be able to eat again, so I have to do it all know - totalling shooting myself in the foot:help:

Do others feel like you are headed to the gallows instead of a new life full of the hope of a slim and healthy body with much more confidence and self esteem?

Coo- I too have had moments of- "oh no- I am never going to be able to enjoy food again! What have I done? I don't wan't to do this!" But I know that it is just us getting past the emotional eating thing. We will be able to enjoy food, just less of it. Food will no longer be our life. Our life will be doing all the things we couldn't or wouldn't do when heavy! We can do it!

Apart from being so much smaller, I desperately want to NOT care about food, you know? It rules me, I don't want to rule it so much, as not care at all! I just want to eat if hungry, and otherwise, it can sit on its own without me :)

Coo- I feel the same. It does sound like from reading posts from people who have been banded, that food becomes less important. That gives me hope...

:)