Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets get this PARTY started! Oct 07!

Woo hoo - lets get this party started! :clap2:I'm scheduled for surgery Oct 8th! I'm in the middle of all the testing now, and don't expect any problems, plus I'm self pay. My fee includes 16 weeks membership at our local gym, which I thought was cool. The AP band as well, thank goodness. Anyone else got their October surgery date?

Holly

Hi!

It sure is lonely here in the October board. I expect it will be picking up very soon though.

I'm due to be banded on October 4th. It would've been sooner but my husband is getting banded on September 7th, so I have to give him enough time to recouperate so that he can take care of us when it's my turn. It seems like forever away, but I know it will be here before we know it.

That's really neat that you get a membership to a gym with it. I'm actually looking forward to working out (although I'll just have to do it at home). Good luck to you!

Jodi

Giving you all a bit of Encouragement!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

October will be here before you know it.

One tip........ don't go on the "farewell to food tour" like I did........

You will still be able to eat EVERYTHING, just not so much...... the Friday before my first fill........ I ate a lot of pizza... and now depending how loose my band is, I can still eat thin crust.... but now the miracle is .. I get full after 1 pc not 5-7 pcs.................. oh and all the crappy junk food goes down WAY to easy....... so don't freak out.. concentrate on becoming the healthiest you can before surgery.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Enjoy the ride!

Thank you Tracy, that was really nice. My gosh, the farewell to food party IS going on, gosh how did you know :-)

You're right about needing to concentrate on getting healthy before surgery, it's wise advice. Thank you for the encouragment!

Holly

It really depends on how you're going to pay. If your self pay, it will be alot sooner. If your wanting to file insurance, then it depends on the insurance and what they require you to do ahead of time. It will also depend on how busy your surgeons practice is. For me, it will be 5 months from seminar to surgery. From my first consultation it will be 4 1/2 months. I have Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. However, mine is also taking a bit longer because I'm letting my husband go first.

So basically, it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a year.

Hi Holly! I just wanted to say hi to a fellow Oregonian. Where are you getting your band?

<p><p>Hi everyone, I'm to be banded on the 9th Oct 07. Looking forward to it so much, but I don't feel I'm getting a very supportivereaction from my family when I told them. My aunt had the band done and lost a lot of weight, but has seemed to put some back on, and my family are thinking the worst, that she is cheating and eating to much and the wrong foods. I'm so tired of my family and friends expecting me to fail again even with the band. They should just want whats best for me. By the way, I happen to be from Australia, but I understand this is an American website, is that right. </p> <p>banding 9/10/07</p> <p>BMI 45, 275lbs</p></p>

Hello Fellow Octoberans, smile.gif

I am scheduled to be banded in the first or second week of October if all goes well.

Had all my tests and will have six months of documentation with my Dr. The surgery coordinator will send all paperwork to the insurance around the middle of September (this insurance buisness s***s, but you have to go through it).

I hope everyone does well, looking forward to the next phase of my life.clap2.gif

Hi,

Fellow October bandster here - October 24th!!!

At the moment I am struggling like mad between binging on junk food and then trying to correct that by going on stupid diets - not good!

I just want it to hurry up and be October already so I can get down to business..have got a 2 week pre-op diet to follow which looks quite brutal but I suppose nothing in life worth having is easy...

Good luck to everybody! :clap2:

Bandwagon

Hello to all of my fellow October bandsters. I am getting my band on October 16th by Dr Kirshenbaum in Denver, Colorado... I can hardly wait...

Good grief, I thought I was the only one that was on the last supper eating frenzy..:hungry: I keep justifying it with the fact that I have to cook nourshing meals for my DH and I just can't let good food go to waste so I pile it up on my plate too..:doh:

Anyway, how about giving our October group a name.. I have been thinking of something like the "Blooming 10's" -- "Tens in Bloom" --"Tasteful Tens" (because October is the tenth month) or "Spooktaculars" (because of Halloween in October) :rip::spy:

Those are just a few that I thought of. Would like to hear of other ideas and then we can have a poll and decide on one for us...

Looking forward to getting a groupie name.. :clap2:

Hmmm, now you have me thinking! I like Spooktaculars, but believe that Halloween isn't celebrated worldwide. How about TenaciousTENS?

Here's the definition of "tenacious" from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Main Entry: te·na·cious audio.gif

Pronunciation: t&-'nA-sh&s

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin tenac-, tenax tending to hold fast, from tenEre to hold

1 a : not easily pulled apart : COHESIVE tending to adhere or cling especially to another substance 2 a : persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired

Hello All!

I just found out that my surgery is scheduled for October. Was hoping for August...September, but my nurse confirmed October. Anywhooo I am so happy to have found an October group and I am looking forward to sharing this journey with y'all.

I have to share my friends story. A little over a year ago she weighed around 290 and got the lap band. A year and several months later she is at 130 and looks fabulous...can't believe it's the same girl. She was never one to do anything athletic, preferring to always take the role of a spectator. The change in her was awesome. She plays co-ed softball, runs the track 3 times a week, and coaches her daughter's soccer team. When we talk it is so inspirational. She gets chocked up when she talks about how despirate she was before the surgery. She exsisted in a no energy world where food was her only alliance. She had the love of her husband and children, but she didn't love herself.

She still has a lot of loose skin but not enough to warrant surgery. In fact since she went on a maintenance program, she is working hard on firming up her stomach legs and arms and seems to be winning that battle.

Mary

Hey Holly, I really like TENacious TENS. I think it fits our group perfectly... I'm casting my vote for the TENacious TENS... :typing:

Hope we hear from some of the other October bandsters on their ideas. :gossip: