Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This week I need to start taking my B12 (I had a shot last month) supplement. Is there any requirement on when I can take it? I am currently spacing out my other supplements in two hour intervals. Does this one need to be spaced out to, or can I just take it with the Calcium? I feel like I need to carry a stop watch around my neck to time all this stuff. LOL

My understanding is that Calcium interferes with the absorption of Iron. Iron is a mineral and B12 is a Vitamin, but they are often found in the same foods.

I knew you had to separate Calcium from Iron, but from your other Vitamins too? I haven't been for three months!!!!!!!!!

My Iron is part of my multi, so I was already separating it for the Calcium. I was hoping I could take the B12 with my multi since it is a Vitamin also.

I take my B12 sublingual same time as my multi. Multis typically have a boatload of B12, so it's OK to take them together. It's only because of our lack of intrinsic factor that we now have to take it sublingually or via injections. And, BTW, take methylcobalamin, not cyanocobalamin as its the easier form for our bodies to absorb.

Great question, thanks for asking!

I am B12 deficient and anemic so I'm worried about how this will impact me after surgery as I already take quite a bit of both just trying to get my levels up

I take my B12 sublingual same time as my multi. Multis typically have a boatload of B12, so it's OK to take them together. It's only because of our lack of intrinsic factor that we now have to take it sublingually or via injections. And, BTW, take methylcobalamin, not cyanocobalamin as its the easier form for our bodies to absorb.

I'm in luck. I have the Bariatric Advantage pills and they are methylcobalamin.

chewable pills or sublingual? VSG patients typically can't absorb oral B12 anymore.

Great question, thanks for asking!

I am B12 deficient and anemic so I'm worried about how this will impact me after surgery as I already take quite a bit of both just trying to get my levels up

Are you getting injections? You may have to switch to them postop. I'm sure you have already consulted with your surgeon on this.

chewable pills or sublingual? VSG patients typically can't absorb oral B12 anymore.

Sublingual. I haven't actually taken one yet. I will be tomorrow now that I have this figured out. :)

I'm proud if i can remember to get them all down. Forget timing, lol.

i set a timer on my cell phone, so I don't take them to closely. Other than that I always look to take some kind of pill when I eat.