Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of an intervention

I've come seeking help..I'm in liquid HELL!!!!!! I am 6 days away from mushies and thats all I can think about. I'm so sick of the cream stuff. I've even reached an all time low...I took a extremely tiny (smaller than a pea size) amount of Peanut Butter and smeared it on my lips...I've drank a spoonful of pickle juice...I'm just so pathetic!

Dear fellow banders...I NEED HELP!!! I'm trying so hard to keep with the program!

Please keep your eyes on the prize! Falling off the wagon if you are anything like me will start you into a deep sorrow. Don't do it. Think of fitting into your favorite brand of jeans and looking damn hot doing it! Think of being healthy and never having to worry about your heart, or your body giving out on you because you are so overweight, think about all the things you want to do when you are healthier after surgery.

After you think about all that, look away from food, it is not your friend and it is not worth it. I have been through the hell and I am on the other side, it is worth it, just don't let go of your dream now! Good luck, you can do this!

:whoo::whoo:

The important thing right now is that you are still inthe healing phases and you must stick to the texture group you are currently allowed. If you are on liquids it is better to have a milkshake than to have mushies or even worse to have solids. Don't jeapordize your band by taking the risk of jumping ahead too soon. Right now it's about healing not losing weight. The weight will come off belive me, but right now please put down the spoon.

Molly, is right, now is for healing don't hurt yourself for different food. I am not yet banded, but I have been to all the meetings, and know how important this phase is. As a matter of fact, I have just finished planning my menu for next week, banding on Tuesday. I have set up "meals" for myself within the guidlines given to me by my Doc. I am hoping to keep things interesting, by making my own stocks and broths. No offense to Mr. Campbell, but just don't think that will work for a week. Besides this way I can control what goes in ie limit my sodium and such. Keep the faith, and follow your Doc's post-op guidlines, it will payoff in the long run.

Jim

just remember that you got the band to help you lose weight, and that would be an awful thing to jeopardize!!

plus you only have 2 days till mushys now... right??

Thanks everyone! Once I typed this I got back on track. I've been doing ok. I went back to the gym yesterday (w/doc's approval) and I worked out for about 30 minutes. Feeling ok even though I still have a day of liquids I'm coming down the home stretch and am going to not even think about mushie food until Thursday morning. Even then I'm scared to go gun-ho. I was told I could have scrambled eggs so I think that will be my first venture into mush and then liquid the rest of the day.

I'm also having problems with hunger right around 3pm. If I could only remember to pack a snack for work...Anyway, thanks for all of your support!

I agree with the others....don't start doing things you know you are not supposed to do.....stick to the plan and DO NOT EAT ANYTHING THAT YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE....THIS WILL PASS....BUT IF YOU MESS UP YOUR BAND, YOU WILL BE SO MAD AT YOURSELF....

Thanks everyone! Once I typed this I got back on track. I've been doing ok. I went back to the gym yesterday (w/doc's approval) and I worked out for about 30 minutes. Feeling ok even though I still have a day of liquids I'm coming down the home stretch and am going to not even think about mushie food until Thursday morning. Even then I'm scared to go gun-ho. I was told I could have scrambled eggs so I think that will be my first venture into mush and then liquid the rest of the day.

I'm also having problems with hunger right around 3pm. If I could only remember to pack a snack for work...Anyway, thanks for all of your support!

Glad you are doing better! A great "mushy" snack is sugar free Jello. There are no calories and it can help to tide you over more. You can even put fat free ship cream for a bit of indulgance!

I am in the liquid stage also, and it is not easy. I am trying to stay busy and saying to myself over and over again that I can do anything for 2 weeks. Then I have the other stage to look forward to, and soon I will be able to eat anything in small amounts. Think about what made you want the band in the first place; do you want to go back to feeling unhealthy? So, hang in there and don't give in. We can do it!