Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low BMI slow losing encouragement welcome!

I'm not an expert, only 19 days out, started with a BMI of 33, so on the lower end. I lost 7 pounds with my 5 day pre-op diet, and have only lost 9 pounds since surgery. I'm pretty bummed to be perfectly honest. I know I'm not getting enough Protein, and probably not enough calories so that is probably why. I don't really like the Protein shakes so I try to add Protein powder where I can. Last time my scale changed was at 1 week post op.

Just chiming in with you...currently closing out 8 weeks since surgery with a grand total of 15 lbs loss. (Sigh.) The thing that's absolutely KILLING me isn't that is seems like everyone is losing faster than me (although it does seem like that :) but I was really, really, really hoping for my physical hunger to go away. It hasn't. So while I'm doing everything right (800-900 calories a day, 60-80 g of Protein, 70-80 oz Water, getting good sleep, lots of walking, rinse, repeat) I'm freaking HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. Not head hunger, not cravings, but real physiological hunger. My surgeon was actually HAPPY about this - he thinks it indicates that I'm healing very quickly. Well, that's great, but remind me why I did this again?

So, slow losers, tell me this - have any of you had hunger that got better months in? (Sorry to hijack!)

Low bmi lady here, and I am 8 weeks post op and have lost 37 lbs. My surgeon wants me at 900-1000 calories as of now, but I struggle to get to 700. I am working out about 3-4 days a week. I feel like I am in a dream in this new body! VSP is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I had a kind of low BMI (40) to begin with. Lost fast for two weeks then stalled for 3 weeks. Then one day I woke up and started to lose again.

Stay focused & continue with a positive attitude & the scale will again move. I'm 7 weeks post op and at the moment on a cruise on Mexico. Im finding it easier than I thought to sit at meals with all the different food choices. Stay positive.

Had a BMI of 29 when I started.

Started just eating healthy Jan 1, then Jan 6 for three days pre-op I was only allowed yogurt. Lost 5 lbs between Jan 1 and my surgery date, Jan 9.

Post op I lost 11 lbs in the first 11 days. Haven't lost anything since.

I'm getting in my Protein and just barely getting in my Water.

Started exercising again this week, but since I've started I am struggling to keep my eyes open during the day.

Feeling good otherwise.

I expected to stall, just hoping now that I've added exercise and I'm slowly starting to be able to eat more, the scale will start moving again.

I've started only weighing once a week as to not get too frustrated!

i was also lower BMI (33-34) when sleeved on 1-27-16. from hight weight i am down right about 20lbs this morning. move on to soft foods finally this coming tuesday! at my post op appt the day after surgery my doc said since i was a lower BMI to start with to only expect about 30 pound loss in the first three months so it seems what you are experiencing is normal :)

1. I also started with a low BMI at 35, and have lost 54 lbs in 4 months. I started out working out 5-6 days a week, but had to cut back because of my externship. I actually feel like I am losing faster since I'm working out less. I now workout 2-3 days a week because thats all I can do until the end of the month when I will start back working out more. I am happy with my progress and know that I will reach my goal within the next two months. We are all in a much better place than before we got sleeved.

How much did you low BMIers lose on the pre op diet? I start mine this Monday and I'm curious.

How much did you low BMIers lose on the pre op diet? I start mine this Monday and I'm curious.

I was down 5 lbs. Started Jan 1 just eating healthier but still not perfect. Then Jan 6, for three days prior to surgery, I was on a yogurt only diet, but still had one Premier Protein shake each day.

So excited your day is getting closer! What day is surgery? How extreme is your pre op diet?

I lost 10 lbs on the pre op diet

I lost 14lbs on my 2 week pre op diet.

How strict was your diet?

Mine is 2 protien shakes, 3 protien bars, one meal lean meat and non starchy veggies

I also started with a low bmi...

It may be slower , but in the long run steadier!

Have faith in the process and do what your body and the program dictate.

One difference I hope you will see is in the long run, those pounds do not return. A giant change from life before WLS!!

I am holding steady at 25 bmi for almost 9 years. A true life changing experience .... No more head trips about diets and size and body image.

I will share that I am compliant on Protein and exercise and try hard on water.... Daily.

It helps in my opinion to have a mindset that you want to change your life.... And will work on yourself very often... And do what your program asks of you... Otherwise you may face another hurdle.... My fragile ego pre WLS couldn't take a failure like before..

Best of luck with a different lifestyle!!

I'm not an expert, only 19 days out, started with a BMI of 33, so on the lower end. I lost 7 pounds with my 5 day pre-op diet, and have only lost 9 pounds since surgery. I'm pretty bummed to be perfectly honest. I know I'm not getting enough Protein, and probably not enough calories so that is probably why. I don't really like the Protein Shakes so I try to add Protein Powder where I can. Last time my scale changed was at 1 week post op.

I'm exactly where you were. I had my surgery 1/21/16 and I lost total of 15lbs but haven't list anything in a week. I was at 34 BMI. How are you doing now? Stall over?