Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Loose Just Gaining Now!!!! Please Help Anyone!!!!!!

:help:Hello, I was banded in March 2006.I was loosing slowly to begin with only 35lbs or so after 1 year.It got to where I had to much in my band I couldn't get much down.I went to see my doctor, had severe swelling,had to go get another Upper GI to make sure band had not slipped,results were good did not slip so my Doc took most of my Fluid out of my band so the swelling could go down.NOW I have put on about 20lbs in just a few months I feel like an absolute failure.I am going in soon to get a fill but dont have insurance right now so its been hard to deal with.I went through all this I feel for nothing its been very hard,if anyone has any suggestions on how to start loosing again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know I would LOVE to hear your suggestions.I feel like I just cant get motivated again.I need HELP!!!!!

Jenn30:help::cry:cry:help::help::help::cry:cry

:help:Hello, I was banded in March 2006.I was loosing slowly to begin with only 35lbs or so after 1 year.It got to where I had to much in my band I couldn't get much down.I went to see my doctor, had severe swelling,had to go get another Upper GI to make sure band had not slipped,results were good did not slip so my Doc took most of my Fluid out of my band so the swelling could go down.NOW I have put on about 20lbs in just a few months I feel like an absolute failure.I am going in soon to get a fill but dont have insurance right now so its been hard to deal with.I went through all this I feel for nothing its been very hard,if anyone has any suggestions on how to start loosing again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know I would LOVE to hear your suggestions.I feel like I just cant get motivated again.I need HELP!!!!!

Jenn30:help::cry:cry:help::help::help::cry:cry

Ahh, soooo sorry to hear your predictament!!! I am new at this, but I think if it were me, I would go back on liquids for awhile, just to reset everything!!! I don't know, worth a shot, I suppose!!! Good luck with it all!!! You can do it!:)

I was banded a year and a half ago I lost about 40 pounds. Thats it. Than started gaining up 15. I know its my fault but It was just not succesful for me. I was a self pay so that really sucked. It was a let down to me, I thought it was going to be my miracle. I hope mabey its not to late. if any one has had this problem please let me know.

THANK YOU JACK!!!!!! I really needed to hear something like that,words of wisdom.Sometimes I feel like Im in this by myself Im so glad I finally came back to this sight.I haven't been here for a very long time.Again Thank You so very much everything you said is so true and very good advice let me know if you have anymore anytime.

jen30

I was banded May 2006, lost about 25 lbs, that's it. My insurance decided to stop paying for fills and I had had some fills paying "copay." I tried to fight the insurance company clear to the point that it may effect my husbands job if I don't stop. So now I am playing catch up with the money and then have to save the $150 for a fill. I wish my fills would have been more aggressive. I can eat just about anything except bread and can even eat that sometimes. I have a friend that has done very well, I know it can work, I just don't know how to get there for me. If I were able to control everything I put in my mouth, I wouldn't have needed to have the surgery. I know it is a tool. But my tool isn't doing it's part either. Thanks for listening. I can feel your pain.

Rhonda

I'm sure if I tried to say what Jack did, I would have made it sound judgemental or offensive, lol, but it echoes my sentiments.

I think so many bandsters just dont quite make the connection of how much of this journey you have to engineer yourself. It'a a LOT of work, but if you let your band help you it does. But it does less than most of us imagine when we are preparing for this surgery. Which can be a shock, but you CAN do it.

I was banded a year and a half ago I lost about 40 pounds. Thats it. Than started gaining up 15. I know its my fault but It was just not succesful for me. I was a self pay so that really sucked. It was a let down to me, I thought it was going to be my miracle. I hope mabey its not to late. if any one has had this problem please let me know.

Are you sure your at a good fill amount? It doesn't sound like it to me. If you want the tool to work for you, you must make sure it's where u need to be at. It's the only way. If you can eat more than 4 chicken nuggets you are not tight enough (not that you should eat chicken nuggets..lol). Also if your not exercising you can only expect to loose about half of what u want to loose. Trust me I was there. Stuck for years..gained back some. Finally I have figured out I had to do my part to get the rest off.

Talk to the Dr. and work out a payment plan on the fill. Start documenting what you eat and count calories. Yuck...I know, but it works. Find some support, professional or otherwise. And start moving. You can do this.

I have had a trying weekend with my "diet" and I come here to get re-motivated. Works for me!!

Jack.....you're are a genius. I just copied your reply to Jen and e-mailed it to myself! I just might read it every day! Thank you! :)