Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever since I can remember I was fat. Childhood wasn't the easiest and going into my teens was a nightmare. I remember one of the girls in 8th grade asking me if I could fit through doors. When I got out of high school I didn't think to much of my weight. I would only do things that made me stay out of the spotlight. I got married and then divorced and in many other mentally abusive relationships. In my mind I thought I didn't deserve anything better because I was ashamed of myself.

After my mother died in 2008 of congestive heart disease it made me realize that I could die of that. I began the weight loss journey for a few years.I would lose 20-30lbs,exercise,etc. If I didn't see movement on the scales it would discourage me and gained all the weight back and more. My highest weight was 380lbs.

Last year I decided to look into gastric bypass surgery and see if my insurance could help me. I was sure I wanted to do this, always knew about it but never confident in myself to go through the process.

October of 2015 I took the first step and had everything completed on my end. My surgery was last Tuesday January 12,2016. I do say the pain has sucked but I'm looking forward to this journey ahead of me. ☺

Congratulations on making the decision that will save your life. You are soooo worth it! Good luck on your journey.

How wonderful that you're discovering that you deserve better on all fronts. You'll find good support here at BP. It would also be a good idea to take part in your practice's support group. Given your history, have you considered therapy as well? Taking on super-major changes can be daunting from time to time despite the most positive attitude. Working with a therapist can go a long way.

Best wishes, Robyn.

Congrats on making an important decision. Stick with the program and you will see great results - you get back as much as much you put into this. This surgery is a wonderful tool, but like all tools it sis only effective if you learn to use it correctly. Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches