Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I had a question about post op pain. I'm currently 16 days post op, and it's felt like so much longer. For the first week, I was on my pain medication, and finally, one day I felt I didn't need it. There was still soreness on my right side, but that was pretty much it. However, I want to say a couple of days after that and after sleeping on my right side, some pain came back, but a different type of pain. Usually in the morning is when it's the worst. It's a dull, pulsing pain that goes away quickly - like it won't even last a full minute, and I might feel it here and there throughout the day. Then, I also feel a type of pulling sensation I guess? The area I'm feeling pain also feels tender to the touch if I gently run my nails over it. This also is by my lower right incision and it sort of radiates a little above it. The muscles in this area still feel pretty sore when I use them (like sitting upright after having been laying down). That being said, the area does not feel hot, and I'm not running a fever. Mostly, I feel just fine, but I guess I'm just wondering how long this is supposed to last because I've felt this for almost a week now, and I feel like it's not getting better. While I realize it can take time to heal, I was just wondering how long some of you felt pain post op? On a side note, I've also been doing really crappy with my Water intake, which I am currently working on as I type this (and will continue to of course).

Hi there. I was sleeved back in November 2015. I am now 9 weeks post op.

I had residual pain like you are describing for 5 weeks. The majority of it was really letting up in week 3, but lasted until week 5. Then week 5 it was like I woke up one morning and suddenly felt 100%. Hang in there. Please keep working on your Water to. It is so important.

My largest incision was aggravating for about a month. The other smaller ones itched, but gave me no trouble. Just be careful to lift much or to strain your abdominal muscles in any way. They are still healing, too. It sounds like you know what to do if you suspect infection.

I had something similar at about the same amount of time post op. According to my surgeon it's the stitches under the skin. The tenderness lasted a few days and then went away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches