Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op and new to this group....

I will be having a hiatal hernia repair along with RNY on April 26th. Not looking forward to all of this[emoji17]

I just discovered today that in May I have my hernia repair (though I think it is a small one I haven't had the heartburn and the radiologist stated that is the dangerous kind), liver biopsy and an really long word that starts with a e and is some type of scope. I didn't think the pain would be related to anything except the incisions (heard left is worst) and I'm getting sleeved.

Feel like I missed this day in class with the hernia is bad...I only planned 10 weeks out of work, but wondering if I now need more?

I had my Roux En Y on March 21st also for Barrett's

Esophagus and Hiatial Hernia. My surgery was almost 5 hours long. I have had pain in my side as well. But...NO ACID!! It's so nice to know someone else is out there with the same issue

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@gethealthy I would question your surgeon about the sleeve if you have acid. I too have the silent bad kind and the starts if Barrett's esophagus from it and was told the sleeve will continue to make it worse. I too wanted the sleeve and mentally prepared for it intil my last 6 mo visit where he discovers these finding on my report and said he strongly suggests the RNY due to the acids. Ultimately my decision but that's what he advised. I took his advice and am scheduled for bypass April 26th

This could very well explain why I hurt so bad after surgery and why my recovery process has been longer than others. I had RNY on Nov. 17 along with gall bladder removal, hiatal hernia repair, egd and liver biopsy done. I still don't feel at 100% and I am on my 2nd time being out of work. I too had trouble getting in exercise and still don't be a use I have no energy and am fatigued all the time. I'm just waiting on feeling better so that I can get back to exercise. Good luck.

I too am having the same exact procedures as you did. Mine is schedule for April 26th and I'm so scared. I too take a long time to heal from things and pain meds don't hardly work on me. I'm sorry your going though so much difficulty and pain. Maybe you just are one of those that will need some extra time. Have you spoken with your surgeon about it?

Hum...well funny thing is I don't have acid reflux. I had it once due to what I ate, but generally I never have it. I'm in my 30s but when I was a teenager I used to suffer-not anymore.

I had no idea I had a hernia, and the radiologist said because I don't have symptoms that's why it has to be corrected. I'm not sure what Barrett's is, but no one mentioned that as an issue.

Is the sleeve not the way to go if you have a hernia period? Again, thinking I missed that day of class!