Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow weight loss after the sleeve

Stop worrying rearea89. You have lost the same as me in the same amount of time. I have stalled again but at the same time my jeans have got baggier over the last week. I have started swimming again this week and as I managed to get to half a mile on Friday I am hoping that my flab is being replaced by lots of lean muscle. I'm also walking the dogs for an hour or two each day, eating all the right things and drinking loads of Water (and being in the UK) gallons of tea! I'm a very happy bunny so am just taking it as it comes. Haven't felt this good for years!

I really don't understand all the slow loser posts I read. I have yet to read one from someone actually losing slow. EVERY SINGLE "SLOW LOSER" lost faster than me. I started with a BMI of 40, lost a bunch on my preop, but then was "only" down 17 pounds at 3 months postop. The difference was I was ecstatic! My rings started to fit and my tight jeans were hanging on me. I was the incredible shrinking woman!

It's all a matter of perspective and having a good attitude. I had expectations of losing weight and finally keeping it off. I focused on the rest if my life, not just the first few months. I had no deadlines for X number of pounds. I guess thats the difference and the key to being happy with your sleeve....expectations.

I suggest following your diet plan, sit back, relax, throw the scale away and have fun!

Are you on glucophage? If you are PCOS this is important. And ZERO carbs. I'm a really slow loser too(but not PCO) and it aggregates the snot out of me. Don't cry. You are a yo yo dieter and your body thinks you are just up to your old tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Slow loser here too.

I try not to get discouraged or get in my own head too much.

I remind myself that the weight didn't show up overnight and neither will the loss.

It is just nice to know that I am not the only one!

I just weighed myself today i had surgery weds. So three days ago and im down 12 lbs! Is that normal?!

Sent from my LGLS991 using the BariatricPal App

I just weighed myself today i had surgery weds. So three days ago and im down 12 lbs! Is that normal?!

Sent from my LGLS991 using the BariatricPal App

What is normal? I certainly don't know. You just had major surgery, you are swollen and full of IV fluids, you aren't eating, etc. Any number on the scale in the first few weeks after surgery is basically meaningless.

Just focus on following your post -op instructions and getting in all of your Protein and fluids. Stay off the scale. Early out I only weighed at my doctors appointments. It makes for a much more peaceful existence.

I'm with ISG on this. Stay off the scales at this point in your journey. I'll lay a bet that you weren't leaping onto them at every opportunity as the weigh was taking up residence on your frame so just don't do it now. Give your body a chance, it's got a LOT of healing to do. Do as is suggested, get plenty of rest and don't think that you are Superwoman! I did and my body revolted by refusing to let me do anything until I had an afternoon nap most days. The whole process taught me a valuable lesson, which is-LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Stop stressing, chill, and start enjoying what is the most wonderful journey (just for you) ever. x

Edited by jintycb