Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Effect of vitamins on rate of weight loss

I'm about 4 months post-op. I ran out of bariatric Vitamins for a period during the holidays and some extensive travel. I noticed during that time despite generally complying with the diet recommendations that my rate of loss slowed to a crawl.

I recently got my bariatric Vitamins replenished and have been taking them for about a week and have noticed the rate of loss seems to have picked back up. Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm wondering if this is just a coincidence, if I was just in a stall, or if proper Vitamin supplementation really has an impact on the rate of weight loss.

I think it may have just been a coincidence. The stress and events that led you to run out of Vitamins could also have caused you to stall out. Once things calmed down you were able to buy more Vitamins AND you got back into a routine.

That being said, I still think it is ABSOLUTELY VITAL to keep up with your vitamins. There is a lot more at stake here than just your weight loss. Vitamin deficiencies are serious business and can lead to long lasting health problems, even once the deficiencies are addressed.

It may or may not have had a direct effect. All we can really do is guess. There are so many variables at play. Our bodies are complex systems and not simple machines.

I do think, in my non-professional opinion, that to maximize weight loss we need to maximize our nutrition, and short-changing ourselves of Vitamins doesn't help.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

What Vitamins do you take. I take just chewable multi but feel like maybe I should take Biotin and Vitamin d.

You should almost definitely take Vitamin D. The majority of Americans are deficient, even without WLS.

I take Bariatric Advantage. I started with their chewables right after surgery but have now switched to their Ultra Multi Formula with Iron. I also take their calcium chews daily.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches