Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hate eating (help)

I need some help....

I had my second fill 2 weeks ago, I'm at 7cc. I now HATE to eat!

I manage to take one or two bites before I need to leave the table. The feeling is unlike anything I have ever felt before, I chew and chew and chew some more until the food turns into a smooth past like substance but i still can't get any more down. On Tuesday my Dad had a stroke and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the stress I'm under but now I can't get anything down but Water, I tried to have some yogurt and that came right back up.

I have an appt. on Monday for my 3rd fill, I know I don't need one but should I look at getting a de-fill? How much food are you able to normally eat?

Jannet

Jurema it sounds like you need a defill. You should always be able to eat. From the other posts here it sounds like you are too tight when you can only get Water down. If you are bringing up a lot it is bad for you. Make sure you drink a lot so that you don't get dehydrated. To be sure why not call the clinic.

I am so sorry about your Dad. I'm positive the stress isn't helping.

Take care of yourself and please call them.

Jurema You should get a defill before Mon.as it will only get worse. Yes stress plays a roll in the finicky band.

Ditto what they said... get a little defill. You'll be so much happier. Best wishes to you and your dad :hug:

Mandi

Juremea: My husband had a stroke last year and again this month. Each time, I felt restriction and I only have 4ccs. Go get a defill as suggested by others. Then slowly up the ccs until you feel comfortable again. Sure hope your dad recovers. Some strokes victims do not have severe lasting affects. I hope your dad is one of them. God speed. Doddie

If you can only get Water down you might want to look for a clear Protein Drink so you are getting both Protein and liquid. I tried and liked a protein drink at Walmart, it was flavoured with sour apple or lemonade. I preferred the sour apple, it did not seem sweet or have an after taste.

My prayers are with you and your father, good luck.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

I didn't have a chance to call TLBC for a defill before the weekend (it's been crazy around here). The tightness has improved, I'm able to eat a bit but I can't wait until I get my defill on Monday. I'm amazed what a bit of stress can do to impact the band, on Wed I grabbed a cracker on my way out the door and as I was driving I had to pull over because I couldn't get the cracker down not even Water helped push it down. Thankfully I was able to eat some chicken and rice last night.

As for my Dad... he's still in the Hospital, the stroke impacted his vision and he can;t see. He was able to maintain his long and sort term memory and has full function of his body. The doctors said that the part of the brain that had the was affected was the part the controls eyes sight and breathing. I pray to God that he'll be ok and can come home soon.

Again thank you for all of your well wishes and prayers.

janet,

I know I have had problems with getting tighter and tighter when under stress. Go for a defill, you will feel better.

good luck, hope your dad is ok.

Hey Jurema I'm glad your band is easing up a bit. I am so sorry about your Dad. My Dad had several strokes thru the years and it wore him down. I pray your Dad's recovery comes soon and that he can see that beautiful face of your once again. Take care of yourself,

D

Jurema just wondering how you are doing. How is your Dad coming along. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.