Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm currently taking a Multivitamin, B12, Ca, D3 and a probiotic chewable.< /p>

Post OP I'm basically doing the same but I've wondered if I should order chewables or liquid to get me through post op.

Any suggestions what to get?

Seems every Bariatric surgeon has their preference or its tied into their own program.

My surgeon said no Vitamins until 30 days Post Op.. Also have gave list of vitamins I could take and where I could buy then from. I currently take quick dissolve Biotin, liquid B12, and a quick dissolve Multivitamin. He told me no tablets or gummies.. But of course all surgeon s are different. I purchased mine at CVS

Hope this helps

I didn't use the Vitamins recommended by my surgeon. I've always preferred whole food based Vitamins rather than chemically synthesized vitamins. Not only do they provide micronutrients and cofactors that you can't duplicate in a lab, mine have digestive enzymes and Probiotics for better absorption and overall GI health. I was using Source of Life Gold chewables before and immediately after surgery. But my tastes changed and I no longer liked the chewables. I switched to Garden of Life because they come in capsules and tablets.

I currently take Vitamin Code for Women multi, Vitamin Code Raw D3, MyKind Organic Plant Calcium and Source Naturals methylcobalamin (B12) sublingual. I also used to take Vitamin Code Healthy Blood, but my labs showed high Iron at 6 months out so I stopped taking them. Labs been good ever since.

The biggest thing is to make sure you follow through with annual bloodwork forever. Studies show that 40%-90% of gastrectomy patients develop deficiencies within 5, 10 and even 20 years postop. Iron, B12, D3, Calcium, folate, zinc and magnesium are the biggest culprits.

I did liquid vitamins for 4 weeks after surgery -- a double dose of Wellesse, which I got from Amazon. I also did liquid Iron and Calcium. After 4 weeks I switched to Trader Joe's High Potency chewable Multi-Vitamin -- I did a double dose for 6 months, then switched to a single dose. My labs have always been great.

I didn't use the Vitamins recommended by my surgeon. I've always preferred whole food based Vitamins rather than chemically synthesized vitamins. Not only do they provide micronutrients and cofactors that you can't duplicate in a lab, mine have digestive enzymes and Probiotics for better absorption and overall GI health. I was using Source of Life Gold chewables before and immediately after surgery. But my tastes changed and I no longer liked the chewables. I switched to Garden of Life because they come in capsules and tablets.

I currently take Vitamin Code for Women multi, Vitamin Code Raw D3, MyKind Organic Plant Calcium and Source Naturals methylcobalamin (B12) sublingual. I also used to take Vitamin Code Healthy Blood, but my labs showed high Iron at 6 months out so I stopped taking them. Labs been good ever since.

The biggest thing is to make sure you follow through with annual bloodwork forever. Studies show that 40%-90% of gastrectomy patients develop deficiencies within 5, 10 and even 20 years postop. Iron, B12, D3, calcium, folate, zinc and magnesium are the biggest culprits.

Source of life Gold. I see it has b12 and D3. Did you take calcium chewable as well. I'm just thinking getting a pill down post op will be difficult and want to be prepared.

Probiotics are chewable. what would you recommend?

I did chewable Calcium for a little while. Just your basic calcium citrate. I don't even remember the brand. I switched to the tablets after the first bottle of chewables ran out.....maybe about 3 months postop. As for probiotics, my Vitamin Code contains them and I don't take any extra. (except when I had C. diff and then I took RAW Probiotics capsules). I was OK'd for capsules at 2 weeks. For B12 make sure you do methylcobalamin, not cyanocobalamin, as it's better absorbed. And even though it's in most multis, you need to take sublingual or injections since we no longer have the intrinsic factor needed to absorb oral B12.

I wanted to jump in on here because I have the same question. After surgery we aren't going to be able to swallow pills, correct? Or am I mistaken?

i take Vitamins from the same companies as @@Kindle but they are all pills so I'm just nervous that I won't be able to take them..

@@EP8 whether you can swallow pills depends on your surgeons' guidelines. My surgeon allows his patients to swallow any pill that will fit through a standard wedding ring, starting immediately after surgery. I had no problem with those size pills, took my first maybe three hours after surgery with no issues. But most multi-vitamins and many supplements are bigger than that, which is why my surgeon has all his patients doing liquid, powdered, or chewable for the first four weeks after surgery for those bigger pills. You'll want to check with yours for specifics.