Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help! I think I have a problem!

I had surgery 3 days ago and this moring I woke up about 4 and had the distinct feeling that I was going to vomit. You know how you produce all the saliva and feel sick to your stomach. I had cream of potato Soup for dinner last night and went to bed about 2 hrs later. I did have ½ of my pain meds about 1 and went back to bed.

Can any one tell me what to do and what to take. I have alittle nausea (SP) also.

Thanks

I am sorry that you feel so yucky! Some people feel nauseated from the medicine but the saliva thing???? I have only had that feeling when I have eaten the first bite without chewing enough and it gets stuck. I would wait and if it keeps happening I would ask the doctor. Was that Soup chunky? Could a piece have gotten stuck?

Good luck and welcome to bandland!

The Soup did have tiny potatoes but they would just dissolve with the tongue. I don't kow but hope it goes away soon! I don't like the feeling and I am afraid to lay down.

Thanks for the input - I appreciate it!

Does anyone know what I can take for nausea?

I think I would go to "clear liquids" ... broth, Jello, Water, etc. and see if you see an improvement. Not sure it will work, but worth a shot! Seems like from what I've read, it helps with everything else. Maybe the creamy stuff was just too much this soon for your stomach!!!:confused:

I would give my surgeon a call. My doctor prescribed anti nausea medicine Phenergran for situations such as this. I do agree that you should still be on Clear Liquids at this time. Your problem is probably due to swelling. Your belly is simply not ready for thicker foods yet.

Your not alone, I was very nausiated after surgery, in fact I did vomit at home during the first few days. I figured out what was doing it, it was because either had drank to much or had to much Soup. My Dr said that it was my bodys way of saying dont eat that much that fast. Which I did. I remember forcing myself to drink my shake because I had worried about the protien and my hair so even a half a cup was just to much. I started slowing down to little sips and spacing them out and it went a way. Its worth a try. I was so worried that I had hurt myself inside , my dr reasurred me that things are pretty tough with out a fill so not to worry. I felt very sick to my stomach after my first fill but it was also because I drank to fast it was so hot out, just slow down and it may go away and try liquid only Soups, Jello, broth things without small lumps in them. Hang in there it will get better I am only 1 1/2 months and I feel great. Kim:)