Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your worst symptom here!!!!!

geez, are you getting sick of me yet? haha, i rerea you post again, and seen about the head hunger. You know, i tell myself, "there are only 24 hours in a day, if I can make it through this one day, it will be tomorrow, and I will be stronger then." It works sometimes. Not to get into too much detail, but there was a time in my life, years ago when I spent a year in rehab (yeah, guess what, eating wasn't my only addiction). It was more a jail than anything. I di that there, I cried myself to sleep (behind bars) i wasn't able to watch tv or read newspapers (this happened during 9/11) and worst, I wasn't able to see my family (I wasn't married, but i was young, an I missed my mom terribly) an I did that for a whole year! Everyday I woke up an did what I was told to do all day long, couln't pick my own clothes or make my own food or set my own schedule. I'm not saying I shouldn't have been there, I paid the dues for my transgression, but it was hell everyday, so much harder than what i deal with now. And I have an ol budy serving 10 years in prison for vehicular homicide while drinking, I think of him everyday. So when I am having one of thse starving days, when even when I am completely full, i am ravenous, I think back to then. The hunger passes, an you learn how to live differently, and on the "rainy days", remember, you can make it through, an be stronger tomorrow.

It would be the fact that I can no longer Celebrate with food. No going out to dinner (who wants a whole plate of food for $10 and eat 3 bites?), no having a cookout with family without ducking out to eat small amout or getting the funny looks about eating only liquids or mushies (my choice not to tell the inlaws, still awkward situations at parties). On the weekend, no cutting loose with the husband to eat a grilled steak (oh, my favorite!) No quick bites after my daughter FINALLY falls asleep!

Anyways, I have spent my entire life rewarding and punishing myself with food, for every occasion, good or bad, it was food, and that is why I was in the predicament I was and choose the band. I was drowning out all the great happenings of life with food and I needed a reality check. Yeah, I miss eating "normal" (if that's what you want to call it) an it can and has cause a few awkward situations, and or questions. BUT one day when I was really complaining to my husband about never getting to eat what I want anymore (oh, poor me, I ate a lifetime of food in 25 years) some small brave part of my brain jumped in and said, "hey what if insurance hadn't approved and your broke ass never would have gotten the surgery???!" And I realized I would have been devestated, and that my ban is doing exactly what it should and what I want it to do, it is helping me get my life back, before food became the center of it. It is a hell of a symptom, like getting over an addiction, a part of me has died and I miss it, it is a loss that I am learning to live with out my crutch, and learning how to deal WITH emotion, rather than stuff it. Evertime now that I want to curse my band, I remember being that crazed girl, eating my husband's entire birthday cake, or an entire box of Cereal in 1/2 hour, etc., And I appreciate how lucky I am to have this chance.

Wow. I just read your notes on posting your worst experience with the lapband. WE ARE SO ALIKE. I couldn't have written it better. This is what I'm worried about. All my life I have punished myself and celebrated with food and I'm afraid how it's going to affect me after I get the surgery. My Doctor has recommended I not get the band because I want to have another baby. I noticed you gave birth after the band. Did you have any issues(malnutrition) with your pregnancy? Any advice would be very helpful.

I need some help, I had my survey in april and it went well, But sometime after I eat my back hurt really bad what does this mean?

:rolleyes2: I feel very lucky to tell you that I had NO post op problems or disasters, with one little exception. About 10 days post op I had chest pain right in the middle of my sternum that lasted for about 2 minutes. It came in the middle of the night. I fell asleep after just waiting it out.

I have had a clog--I called my clinic, and the dr. told me to take a swig of bubbly pop. That pushed the clog right through instantly.

I have been banded for 3 months, and lost about 20#. Love, love, love my band.

Sandra

Sorry but what is a PB

too tight all the time. If i get some taken out then feel nothing. I would honestly look at bypass before I did band. I wish I had done that. I only have lost 40lbs and it has been a year. I was so affraid of bypass but I really think it would have been more sucessful.