Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Down Today.....

Today is not a good day! I am very depressed and teary eyed as I type. My journey began June 2/07 when I was banded. I have been doing very well with weight loss until this week. I had lost 23lbs and was very proud of my accomplishment and hard work.....today things are starting to look grim to me as they have in the past. This week I have gained 5lbs and I am devistated, I know it is only 5lbs but to me this looks like the same cycle as before I was banded, lose and gain (story of my life). I am a self pay 15,000, and a lot of sacrifices have been made for me to get banded, so this is why I am fearful of history repeating itself..failure again.

I thought I was doing good until I went to the nutrisionist and was told I was not eating enough Protein, so I bumped up the protein intake but did not go over what I was suppose to eat, and kept my calories at around 1000 per day, I was suppose to eat 1500 cal per day according to the nutrisionist. I don't know what else to do. I went to get a fill last week but put it off for a month because of what the nutrisionst told me I neeed to eat more and I was losing so I was fine with that.. Now I have tried to contact my Dr. to get a fill now or next week but can not reach him. I am not real happy with my Dr. but that is a whole new story. I have a very supportive husband but don't want to let him know how I am feeling today. The clinic I went to does not offer any support groups so right now I am feeling lost and disappointed. I am hoping this is just a bad week and that things will get better because I liked the feeling I had last week when I was losing, this week I feel like this is another thing that is not going to work. ;) Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same way?

Banded June 2 2007

Sarnia ON Canada

Highest weight last year 328

weight day baned 315.8

weight July 13/07 292.4:clap2:

weight July 25/07 297.4 :)

Don't fret - you have US!!!!

Trust me, every day for me was up or down or up or down. As hard as it is for me; I stay off the scales completely - for months at a time, b/c I get nuts over the numbers! For instance, I weighed in on the scale here at work yesterday in the a.m. Then after I pee'd. Then after lunch. Then after I pee'd again - HOW insane is that??? The Scale is an evil thing for some of us. Others find it to be helpful, I do not. It can be very discouraging. The scale is only a 'guide', not to be confused with a 'measure' of weight loss. Are you clothes fitting better? Do you have more energy? See…things like that are measurable - and no scale in the world can take that all away from me. I've been gaining and loosing the same 5 pounds for the last two months. But you know what: I've lost 5 inches off my hips, 6 off my waist , my blood sugars are fantastic - and I feel GOOD!!! Please, don't let this get you down. The band is a funny 'tool'. Events and experiences will change each day. Please don’t feel like a failure. You're not taking a step backwards by any means. Perhaps just a 'side step'…your body has to catch up with all the adjustment it's been going through. My weight loss is very slow. But I am certain that some day (and I know it's soon)…the scale will catch up with my body's shrinking size.

Chin up!!!

Oh Honey, I am sorry you are feeling down today. I can honestly say I am shocked at what your nutritionist told you. You are fine on 40 grams of Protein a day. Don't let her push you over the edge. You shouldn't be consuming more than 800-1200 calories a day. That is the diet for a bandster. Get ahold of your doctor and schedule a fill first. Then ditch the nutritionist. You can do this on your own by just counting calories. I start with 30 grams of protein every morning in a shake. I get the rest of my protein throughout the day. Don't kill yourself over it. Just eat what you can. You will be okay. Good luck to you. You can do this.