Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my bypass surgery Feb. 2015. I did very well with my diet for the first 6 months. I then got off track and went back to old eating habits. I have been trying to get back on the wagon but am finding it very hard. Much harder than right after surgery. Is it too late for me to just "go back"? Do I need to start back on all liquids? I would like some input from others, especially If you have been in this position. I have asked on my personal surgeons support group page but was attacked, beat up and put down which really sent me farther in the wrong direction. Can I just go back to drinking my Protein drinks and eating small meals as I did 4/5 months ago? Or did I mess my total surgery up?

You CAN get back on track. I am in the same situation so am mostly writing this for myself! lol.

Get back to the basics. Mainly, keeping a food journal. Tracking your Protein. Protein first! Then veggies. Drink all your Water. Don't drink during meals. Don't drink 30 minutes before/after your meals. STay away from white sugar/white flour. Exercise! CHew chew chew!!

There is also something called the 5 day pouch diet or test. I'm going to try that. It's supposed to help you get back on track. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html

If you get back to following all these original rules, I am assuming you would be back on track? At least that is what I am hoping and will also be doing. That's the bad thing about cheating. Once you cheat, it opens the door for more cheating.

Best of luck--you can do it!!

I'm so glad I found this thread! I feel as though I've gone back to old habits.... Light Breakfast, nothing else until around 3 in the afternoon, then dinner around 8 pm. Now the late dinner I know is a major no no. I'm 6 mos out and still rely on premier Protein to get me to my goal. I do feel as though I have platoud (spelling) on my weight loss. Very frustrating, hard to get motivated again.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for sharing. I can't understand why some people are so unsupportive & quick to judge someone who is struggling. I mean, we all got WLS because we didn't know when or how to stop eating, right?? I can't stand the people who get all high and mighty.

I'm only 4 months out & have started to struggle as I can tolerate more foods. Good luck getting back on track.

Ok, so I'm no expert on this. I've only had my surgery 3 weeks ago...

But I do know a thing or two about dieting low card style, and carb addiction.

You can all get back on track, but the single most thing you have to do is break that carb addiction! That means 10-14 days of true withdrawl for the sugar, chips, bread, crackers, potatoes, etc... On a regular diet you can use fat to help fill that void. I'm not sure how well that works after WLS... but I'm sure there are some Veterans around here that can answer to that.

Get through that carb addiction and your cravings will subside...

Good luck to you guys! I really want to see ya'll succeed because that's why we're all here!

I met a lady who said she got down to 165 but is now back to 229. She said sugar and candy cravings were what caused her downfall.

I really had surgery in the hope of controlling my weight. I have done the yoyo diets.

Used HCG 500 cal for 30-45 days. 312 down to 195 and then back to 305.

Going to VA MOVE! program. Was down to 270 and someone told the group about gastric sleeve.

VA sends you to Dallas so I checked for Tricare.

Done at Ft Hood CRDAMC. Dr Young did a great job.

Asked to wait because we were going to the Philippines from Jan to March.

Had surgery 10 May. 1 day and home next day. No real pain. Bladder problem passed and now at stage 3.

At support groups I'm really surprised to hear the problems some of the people are having.

Not sure if this means anything but most seem to be woman.

One thing we say in group is you have to get your mind right (like cool hand luke movie)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App