Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Memorial Health University Hospital

I cannot say enough good things about Memorial Health in Savannah Georgia, particularly the Bariatrics department. My surgeon was Dr. Oliver Whipple, (surgery date December 28, 2015), and he is a great doctor. He is attentive, and thorough, and is a very kind person as well. The staff at the Bariatrics department was wonderful. I was discharged today.

I would highly recommend Dr. Whipple, and Memorial Health. Hands down, the best hospital care that I have ever received.

@jane13 Thank you! Glad to be here! Happy New Year!

I had surgery on 12/30/15 with Dr. Robert Kelly at Memorial. I had a great experience with everyone there as well! My nurse Nan was even sweet enough to roll me out for discharge so I wouldn't have to wait. I'm glad to see someone else had a good experience there as well. Good luck on your journey!!

@magneticmama It was really refreshing to see that level of care, wasn't it?!

Good to hear the positive comments. I am hoping to have sleeve in May/June with Dr. Kelly.

@paknee Good luck with your process, it can be hectic! I did the process at record speed. I went to the information session in October, had my first appointment with Dr. Whipple on November 13, and had surgery on December 28. I can't say it was easy, I had to plead and beg with some of the doctors offices and class coordinators for earlier appointment dates, did a LOT of driving to and from Savannah and other cities for the appointments, but it was worth it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I went to the information session in November and had 1st appt with Dr Kelly the beginning of December. They scheduled me for my exercise class (which I attended) the week after my appt and the Nut class for the following week (end of December). Unfortunately, the day I was to see Dr. Kelly he got called to the hospital for an emergency so I saw his NP. Information about my past medical history did not get correctly passed to Dr Kelly causing a delay in my process. I had to cancel the Nut class and am currently waiting to reschedule and get another referral for the psych evaluation. I'm sure I will have all the i's dotted and t's crossed long before June but am thinking it might be nice to schedule around my daughters school summer vacation. Where do you live?

Edited by paknee

@paknee I live in Screven county, Newington, just North of the Effingham county line.