Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!! Just got Fill - Blood...

Hello I am a bit worried I just got a fill today sunday and a clinic here in ny and after my fill I tried to drink a small amount of Soup and I pb's and there was a little blood in there. couple small clot type. Can someone help me I cant find anything about this on here.

How much of a fill did they give you? At the very least it sounds like your esophagus is irritated and you may be over filled. Did they do the fill under flouro or make you do any kind of drink test? Have you tried getting a hold of them since you were there for the fill regarding your problem? Hopefully one of the numerous nurse type people we have on the forum can give you some advice. You definitely don't want to mess around if you can't even swallow Soup. Best wishes, Teresa

How much of a fill? Was your Soup a clear soup? Could the PB been something from the soup? My doc wants me on liquids for 3 days after a fill...liquids meaning anything that will go through a straw. I would call your Dr. I have not heard of this before..

If you just got a fill and can't even get Soup down that is way too tight. The blood concerns me a little. The esophagus could be irritated but that would take time to bring up blood and clots. You could have a ulcer and if so the doc needs to be aware of the issue. If you can't get in touch with them today then certainly call them tomorrow for sure. If you PB again tonight and more blood comes up then please go to the ER and get checked out.

Keep us posted.

I just got off the phone with a doctor. I felt a message with the answering service and the office and a doctor called me back. I have never seen him before. I did get a lot in my band I had 1.4 cc's and now I have 2.7 cc's. I feel bad because the nurse the fills is "Jasper" is his name was trying to help me out cause I travel 2.5 hrs to get to the office. And in the last 4 weeks I only lost 3 lbs. And I was telling him that I thought I was still eating to much. I could always eat a good amout if I chewed it up well. When ever I PB it was never bacause I was full it was always because I didnt chew my first few bites. So I told this doctor and he said that in his opinion it was way to much of a fill. I feel bad though for the nurse who filled me because I dont want him to get in trouble cause I told him I really wanted to get a "good fill." So the doctor told me that I might need to go all the way back tomorrow to get some out. He said it may get worse than better in the next 24 hours that I will prob' just get more swollen. He said I might have a hard time laying down. And I belive I do I tried it in the car to take a nap when my fience was driving and I wasent really comfortable. But last time I remember getting a fill and I thought it was tight that day then it seemed to get looser even the next day. But I think this is different. So we will have to see what happenes. They didnt do a fluro but they did have me drink some Water to see if it went down and it did. But both times I did notice a wierd feeling my throat and I would almost burp with each sip. I get alot of burps after I got both of my fills. So hopefully I will be able to sleep through the night and wont have to drive another 2.5 hrs tomorrow.....

Andrea, it's sweet that you're concerned about the nurse who gave you the fill, but right now you should be worrying about yourself. It sounds as if you're way too restricted, and the blood can't be good even if your fill was perfect. I'd be tempted to drive to the fill doctor right away rather than tough it out overnight, but then I'm paranoid. Let us know if there's any change in the next 24 hours -- and good luck.

Andrea, do take care and make that drive to the fill dr. if needed. My last fill was just increased by only 0.3, seemed fine, but a week later was pbing on Water. After 0.2 was removed, I was fine. Please let us know how you're doing tomorrow! Best of luck to you!

Yikes! Yep, that's quite a big jump with the band. It's amazing how much the teeniest of fills can change things. Please be careful not to get dehydrated in the meantime. Truly, we've all got plenty of nutrition on board already, you won't starve if you can't eat, but you must keep yourself hydrated, even if that means the tiniest of sips continuously. Good luck and I hope you get this resolved very soon!

Remember, this is for life. There is no hurry and certainly no reason to danger our health or our bands. Live and learn, huh?

Hello everyone, I did call the doctors office and actually talk to the nurse that filled me. He said that as long as I can drink Clear Liquids than I am ok. And I told him that I was just worried that when my two days of liquids and two days of mushys post fill were up I am worried I still wont be able to eat food. He said that I should be fine it will get better. I just worry because I read on here it gets tighter over time. I can drink liquids but not Soup other than broth. If the soup has chunks in it it wont go down. We'll see if not I have to go next monday my next day off and just do liquids all week. I cant wait to eat again this liquid seems worse than when I did the month after surgery. I guess its cause I got myself so psyched up for it. I also could eat most soups... guess I have to wait it out and see what happends. Thanks for all your concerns!

well almost a week later and I am still having a hard time getting anything down. I am vomiting almost every mean. This sucks. I cant eat anything other than mushys and I still am getting sick. The nurse told me if I can get down liquid than I have nothing to worry about. Do you think it will loosen up I really dont want to drive all the way back to nyc?

Andrea, you should be able to eat hard Proteins by now. Please make that drive to your fill dr. and get a slight unfill. Hopefully you haven't damaged your band and/or your esophagus yet. Thanksgiving's long weekend is coming up. You don't want to end up in the ER w/an intern who knows nothing about Lapbands.

I'm sorry, but (personally) I can't see how not being able to eat Soup or broth and throwing up after trying could be normal. Of course your stomach is probably swollen, but in my opinion you should be able to eat full liquids by now including Protein shakes, Jello and or pudding without getting sick, stuck or vomiting.

Have you called Dr. Rumbaut's office to ask him about it? I would take the pro active approach if you were me. I would call my fill doctor's office and tell them that I need a slight unfill even if they told me that "this is normal" phooey!

Andrea, I lean toward Tricia's answer. Talk to the doctor, not a nurse. (Sorry, nurses.) And call Dr. R if you still have questions. The vomiting and excess restriction are not normal. Driving to NYC might suck, but it's nothing compared to medical complications.