Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done July of 2013 I was 231 when I had my surgery, I got down to 112 pounds, which was way to much weight to lose I think my body couldn't handle me being so skinny, I looked sick, all my friends told me I needed to put a little weight back on, now I weigh 129 and I look and feel so much better, I didn't over eat to gain the weight back I honestly don't know if my body just wasn't made to be that thin, now I'm worried about stretching my pouch out, I don't over eat , no pop, I do drink a lot of coffee with real sugar, I don't like Splenda or sweet n low, its the holidays and have been eating sweets one thing I didn't do even when I was heavy, I'm so scared of getting big again any suggestions would be awesome, and don't worry about hurting my feelings I want the truth.

Thanks!

Dawn

I'm not sure I understand your question? 129 pounds is well within the "healthy" range for your height. Are you concerned because you gained from your low weight?

Here's my take on it. After being on these boards and others for almost 2 years, I have noticed a phenomenon of a 10-20 pound "bounce" that seems to happen after a few years from our lowest weight. I believe there are statistics to back me up, too, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now, lol. I know my hubby who had an RNY almost 10 years ago did the 20 pound bounce. He got down to 165 (too thin) and settled at 185-190 (when he's following plan).

I think our bodies do like to settle at a certain set point weight wise. I'm at goal, but I'm being realistic since I know about the bounce and keep just one size up in my closet.

Stick to your basics 90% of the time (Protein first, lots of fluids, move more, limit sugar and processed foods) and you should be able to maintain where you've settled weight wise.

And be diligent with maintenence, but don't obsess about gaining all your weight back too much. That's not healthy, either. Take it one day at a time :)

Hello I had my sleeve almost 2 years ago it has ultimately been the best choice of my life health wise energy and over all happier me, well sometimes I have fallen into this major plateau that makes me so upset at myself because all

My issues have been more emotional Than anything I have discovered to be a complete emotional eater something I really didn't realize about myself beforehand food makes me feel good all the time whether it be a complete meal or just grazing I love it love how it makes me feel and that terrifies me because as much as I know it doesn't do me good the bare thought of stopping puts me in angry mode I need help I know I do I haven't started gaining the weight back but I also haven't lost I'm about 85 lbs down from 230 my ultimate weight loss goal was to hit the 100 lbs OFF and with me plateauing I've been starting to get more depressed angry and just upset at myself I don't know how to deal with my emotions!!! HELP!

Hello I had my sleeve almost 2 years ago it has ultimately been the best choice of my life health wise energy and over all happier me, well sometimes I have fallen into this major plateau that makes me so upset at myself because all

My issues have been more emotional Than anything I have discovered to be a complete emotional eater something I really didn't realize about myself beforehand food makes me feel good all the time whether it be a complete meal or just grazing I love it love how it makes me feel and that terrifies me because as much as I know it doesn't do me good the bare thought of stopping puts me in angry mode I need help I know I do I haven't started gaining the weight back but I also haven't lost I'm about 85 lbs down from 230 my ultimate weight loss goal was to hit the 100 lbs OFF and with me plateauing I've been starting to get more depressed angry and just upset at myself I don't know how to deal with my emotions!!! HELP!

Do you have a counselor or therapist? This sounds like something you might want to seek some professional help to address. You also might want to see of you can find a bariatric support group or a recovery group like OA.

I recently read a good book (Eat it Up!) that was written by a therapist who works with weight loss surgery patients. You might find it helpful.

Thank You Babbs, I know 129 pounds is a good healthy weight, I was just concerned gaining what I did back, I figured my body wasn't happy with me being that small, a friend of mine had the By-Pass and within 3 years gained all of her 150 pounds she had lost, that's why I'm so worried about gaining, she did go back to eating fast-food and drinking 4-5 mountain dews a day, like l said with the Holidays here, I did fall off the wagon, but I'm hitting the Gym today and getting right back on track, I have struggled with weight my whole life and so happy where I 'am today and go back to being over weight again, I was just worried about stretching my stomach back out.

I have THREE closets full of clothes and shoes something I've never had before and I finally love to go shopping and look nice, when I was heavy I didn't care (Well I did) but now it's a whole new ball game and never do I want to see a size 20 in my closet again.

I wished I would have joined this site a long time ago, now I know if I need input I can come on here :-)

Thank You!

Dawn

Happy New year!! :-)

Just remember that WLS gives us ONE tool in the tool box, we cant eat a lot at one 'feeding'.

But, you can undo everything by grazing and eating a little throughout the day.

Remove all of the temptations and you will be fine!

-RC-