Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The One Thing No One Tells You About Losing Weight

I just got the face fat transfer, I thought I was okay before, but that fullness in the upper cheeks really helps. I am 51.

Beautiful!

@@CowgirlJane ... wow, you / that looks GREAT!

Please tell me more about it. Where did the fat come from? (I know you've just had some more plastics.) How much did it cost? Etc.

The only kind of plastics / help I want is on my face / neck. It's time for me to do something "special," I think.

I wouldn't have done it but I was "under" anyway due to breast revision. They actually dont use much fat at all, so you don't need to have much to do this and it came from my inner thigh.. I had it done with other procedures so cost was low. Quote I got stand alone was 1200 by a Seattle plastic surgeon. It lasts longer, for most people, than juvaderm etc.

I asked doc about doing Lipo around my waist etc..and he said, nope, I dont have excess fat, it's my muscles and the only way to further reduce loose skin is upper body lift or the vertical/anchor cut - and we both agreed totally not worth it.

The mistake I made in all this is that my upper inner thighs had gotten worse over time. I had weird cellulite pockets there that were vastly improved with the small thigh lift, but over the 2 years, it was worse again. Thighs do that.. Anyway Dr was hopeful he could do some lipo and very small skin removal - not a full thigh lift. When I came out of recovery, he told me it hadn't gone well and he had to do alot more than expected to get decent results. Then, I had a complication. I don't blame the doc, I blame me. I should have not gotten greedy and pursued it. Recovery has been hell, I have had a recent setback, had to cancel my MAui trip...etc.

So, my thighs are very non typical, no cellulite, very muscular on the outer, front, and back, just cellulite pockets way up high on inner. I hid it fine even in shorts and dresses without nylons and the suffering I am enduring is totally not worth the minor improvement I expect from this.

My breast revision looks great, removed 2 ugly moles near my eye, cheek injection - all that is awesome and pretty easy recovery. Regrets do no good, but I do 'regret doing the thighs (complications have a way of triggering regret!) as I am back on bed rest after attempting to return to work this week. I am going stir crazy and it hurts and I don't want to take pain meds.

I'm so glad someone else brought this up because the same subject has been on my mind a lot. I just started my sleeve journey, but I have been heavy all of my life. I have no idea what I look like without the fat, but the one advantage to the fat is that fat don't crack. I still look like I did in high school, in all ways. However, RWL has resulted in some serious sag everywhere and a sudden revelation of my real age, and I'm like OMG, is this supposed to be better? Because it's not. I look older already and while I am not vain, I am feeling the pressure to do something about the wrinkles that have apparently been on my face all this time. Looking young for my age was one of my few point of pride, and now it's gone. Sadface.

I am trying Mary Kay Timewise, but the jury's out on effectiveness. Truthfully, I think it might be snake oil. I said never with fillers and injections and medical procedures on my face. I'm already seeing I may have to eat those words...Wait, do words have carbs?