Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gain Normal?

@@Proud2BMe

Did you even read the article I posted? Educate yourself. You are completely incorrect in saying that someone can actually gain weight by eating carbs at 3 weeks out.

Opinion and fact are two different things. What I posted are scientific facts. You telling someone that it's her fault she put on 6 pounds at 3 weeks out is not only your opinion, but a dangerous and ludicrous one at that.

If she was 6 or 7 months out, your opinion may be a little more valid. But not this time.

So please stop acting like an expert when you're clearly a newbie and do not, in fact, know what you're talking about.

You are trying to argue against opinions when the article itself is an opinion. You are not the be-all of Bariatric advice. As we are all (former) fat people we should all know the ability we have to deceive ourselves as to what we are consuming and the quantity thereof. I'm not laying into this poster at all nor am I throwing blame on her. I am just stating that if the problem is weight gain then too many carbs may be to blame. It may not be. So what?

You are not an expert anymore than I am. Opinions are opinions and nobody here should be claiming there's is fact while someone's else is mere opinion. They are ALL opinions. So back up and take some time to think before going on the attack.

Edited by Proud2BMe

@@Proud2BMe

No, there are scientific reasons for stalls and weight gain early out from these surgeries. And it's NOT because someone is eating too much or the wrong things, because it's physically impossible at that point. Further out when you can consume a little more? Of course!

And no, I'm not the be all of bariatric advice. Not even close. Heck, i'm still a relative newbie. But experience and almost 2 years reading these forums and seeing HUNDREDS of posts about this very phenomenon of weight gain and stalling at the OP's time frame is enough evidence for me.

It's okay. I remember thinking I knew it all at 6 months out, too. Just be careful giving advice when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

@@Proud2BMe

No, there are scientific reasons for stalls and weight gain early out from these surgeries. And it's NOT because someone is eating too much or the wrong things, because it's physically impossible at that point. Further out when you can consume a little more? Of course!

And no, I'm not the be all of bariatric advice. Not even close. Heck, i'm still a relative newbie. But experience and almost 2 years reading these forums and seeing HUNDREDS of posts about this very phenomenon of weight gain and stalling at the OP's time frame is enough evidence for me.

It's okay. I remember thinking I knew it all at 6 months out, too. Just be careful giving advice when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Stalls and weight gains are not the same thing. Stalls mean no movement, no weight loss.

I don't think I know it all. Far from it. However, when someone makes a post about gaining weight it's only natural for someone to bring up the topic of possibly eating too many carbs. Because that does happen. It may not be apt for this situation and that's okay. But it's a perfectly reasonable response.

I'm not sure why people interpreted my post so negatively. It definitely was never meant as such and I would never attack or dump on a fellow sleever or even a person thinking of getting the sleeve.

@@Proud2BMe

Sigh. Some people gain weight when they stall. I did. I'd go up a pound or two, then stay there. It wasn't what I was eating. Please read the article I posted. It explains what happens.

I know what you're trying to say, but dude, one thing I've learned in this whole process is it's NOT as simple as 'calories in, calories out'. Our bodies are much more complicated than that. I wish it was that simple!

Good job on your weight loss by the way and Merry Christmas!

@@Proud2BMe

Sigh. Some people gain weight when they stall. I did. I'd go up a pound or two, then stay there. It wasn't what I was eating. Please read the article I posted. It explains what happens.

I know what you're trying to say, but dude, one thing I've learned in this whole process is it's NOT as simple as 'calories in, calories out'. Our bodies are much more complicated than that. I wish it was that simple!

Good job on your weight loss by the way and Merry Christmas!

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you as well.