Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Help Help Hurry Hurry Hurry

I am a person with NO imagination!!! I need help, please. I'm begging on bended knee!

A very dear and sweet banded friend has a birthday tomorrow. Well, since it is 1:20AM that would be TODAY! Being the idiot friend I am, I didn't realize her birthday is tomorrow.

Her hubby is NOT into holidays including birthdays. She will not be receiving a birthday cake or anything traditional.

She is a MEGA sugar addict, I need to get something that has NO sugar. None, whatsoever.

I have looked at FTD, they have crappy flowers. Nothing of interest.

I need to have something delivered to her in several hours. Something pretty, feminine, sweet, caring, and FAST!

If not something like FTD, something non-sugar, NON-chocolate, and non...full 'o calories. But special.

Please, please please please... tell me what to do?

I need help in a big mega way. I want something special, something that will make her smile. Something band friendly, something birthday sensitive.

What the heck should I do???

If anyone here happens to have a business that would cater to a person in Mesa, Arizona QUICKLY, please PM me fast.

What about a spa gift certificate or a certificate for a manicure pedicure - that tells her she is special, feminine and can pamper herself without the sugar.

Good luck!

How about a nice email to her A-Hole husband to make this day special for her.

LOL!!!!!!!! Amen to that!!!

How about a big balloon bouquet? She may hate you when she has to drive home with it, but everyone will see it's her birthday!! :)

You could send her a pajama-gram pajamagram.com, I think. Or a Vermont Teddy Bear. They come in sooooo many diferent types it blows your mind! vermontteddybear.com

We have several places here that make fresh fruit baskets that look like flower bastkets. I mean they cut the fruit and make really cool fruit sculptures. It's usually the stores that make the cookie baskets that do it here.

You could send her a virtual cake to acknowledge her birthday until you figure out something else. At least let her know you haven't forgotten.

eSentiments.Com Best of all....no calories! :)

You could put together a lotion/bath basket. Get a few things from Bath and Body Works.

it may be too late, i just read this...

but..

specific flowers...asian lilies are really fragrant. a friend gave me some once and i LOVED them, love them still. and i dig the spa /manicure/pedicure idea. Bath Junkie ROCKS.

If all else fails, hand picked flowers, and a lunch date out?

Ohhhh, you have no idea the truth you write.

He uses her weight against her on a regular basis. He even refers to how HE and their 21 month old daughter have had to "suffer" due to her banding. The dude doesn't have a clue.

I realize she has not done well with banding thus far, but she'll get it eventually.

We went on Bubble's forest boot camp this weekend. Cutting out ALL sugar, not a single grain of sugar passed her lips last weekend. A 2 mile hike up hill meant a 2lb weight loss this week. Considering she's lost 1lb in the last five months, 2 lbs over the weekend was GREAT! She worked hard, she deserves a great deal of credit thus... I wanted to do something special for her birthday.

After a GREAT weekend with lots of advancements I know she's going home to a hubby that doesn't see the progress.

This gal cut out 6000 calories of her usual diet over the three day weekend. She typically eats 800 calories in food and 2000+ calories in chocolate DAILY. This weekend she broke the sugar cycle, exercised a LOT, and I just know she's going home to a hubby that doesn't see the value in this.

Some things are just wrong.

You could send her a pajama-gram pajamagram.com, I think. Or a Vermont Teddy Bear. They come in sooooo many diferent types it blows your mind! vermontteddybear.com

I would have done something like this but I have no clue what size she wears. Not a clue.

However, I saved the link... this could be fun in the future! Thx!

it may be too late, i just read this...

but..

specific flowers...asian lilies are really fragrant. a friend gave me some once and i LOVED them, love them still. and i dig the spa /manicure/pedicure idea. Bath Junkie ROCKS.

If all else fails, hand picked flowers, and a lunch date out?

This is what I ended up doing. Flowers. I found a fragrant bouquet of flowers and had them sent to her office. At least that way others will see the flowers and surely ask about them. Then everyone will know she had a birthday.

She sent me an email, she was a bit miffed about the calories and exercise over the weekend but after the flowers and a 2lb weight loss, she got over it. ;) She doesn't hate me anymore. HA!

Probably to late. Last year my friend sent me flowers in the shape of a birthday cake. It was so nice and lots of fun. If you can change the arangement you sent "the cake" is a winner.

Anniemac